8. Who is wrong?

I dragged my Father inside my room when Vijay left us for a moment.
"Do you know about his grandpa?" I asked him, as he looking at me in confusion.

"What about him?" he questioned me like he doesn't know anything.

"After his first wife's death, he had a mistress, at that age!" I complained to my Father. It's nothing to do with my life, and it's not at all important to me but I wanted him to know that he's wrong about the statement that 'he's from a decent family.'

"Yes, I know that," my Father casually replied.

"Then how could you push me into that family?" I asked to irritate him because he's happy and peaceful here but I am not.

"Did you married his grandfather, why you're starting now?"

"You don't know, you're so happy here but I... forget it," I nodded and thought I shouldn't do this to my Father. I don't want to make him sad.

"I am going. Take care of your health and call me every day," I walked out of the room.

"Aarthi, is everything okay between you and son in law?" I looked back at Vijay who honked sitting inside his car.

"Yes," I nodded looking away. How could I tell him what I am experiencing inside, he's not abusing me, he's not getting angry, he's actually nice sometimes but there's a nameless fear getting high in me whenever I am with him. I think it will soon change once I get accustomed.

He got a smile hearing that and I went to the car. My Aunt turned her attention to me while talking to Vijay.

"Take care, Aarthi. call me often," she patted on my shoulders.

I shook my head slightly plastering a smile. I want to say the things that are bothering me but then I realized there's no one here for me or perhaps I am too afraid to open up. I grew up like this so I can't change. I waved goodbyes to my Father and Aunt as Vijay drove the car.

My smile slowly faded away as we crossed our farm, now I realized how much I miss my home, and how much it means to me. I don't know when I will come back here but I had the same feeling when my mom left me.
With sadness lingering, I slide my eyes to his folded up sleeves, his upright shoulders and then to his slightly grown beard cheeks.

Today he's a nice person compared to yesterday and I don't have any idea about how he will be tomorrow.
When my Father asked us to come home in the morning, I thought he won't agree easily because after we came from his grandpa's house he didn't talk much with me, in the night he slept facing the other side and he acted like he utterly hates my existence. But surprisingly, he agreed and asked me to get ready.

We arrived at my house in the afternoon, we had a great lunch prepared by my Aunt and Vijay talked normally with everyone. He's good
My Aunt asked me so many questions when we were alone in the kitchen and I said everything positively about Vijay. I badly wanted to tell her about his weird personality but I didn't because I can't judge a person by just two days and I am a no-good person too.

"What you said to your Father?" he questioned when I was in thoughts.
"When?"

"Before you came out of the house?" his eyes were still on the road.
"I... asked him to take medicines on time and that's it."

"Oh," he nodded. "Nothing else?"
"No," I turned to the other side.
"Why you're sad?"
"Do I look sad?" I raised my eyebrows for his sudden question.
He smiled, "Look at your face," he turned the front mirror to me and I foolishly saw my reflection. But there I found that he easily reads my face.

I didn't lie and confessed. "Yes I am sad; I miss my home."
My Father requested him so badly to stay home but he rejected that idea telling that he's going to work from tomorrow.
He grimaced after I confirmed that I am sad.
"Do you want me to turn the car to your house. Stay there for some days if you want?" he asked slowing down the car.
I gulped seeing the apparent anger on his face.
"No, I just... said what I felt. Why you're getting angry?"