3. Unusual Conversation

After washing the clothes, I came out to put them for drying. Water from my damp skirt is dripping down to my feet and felt so good while standing in the hot mud. It's so difficult to see the bright sun that's illuminating in the clear blue sky and the wind is somewhat cool today compared to yesterday. Our land is all empty now. After harvesting the vegetables last week my dad got a good income compared to what he has invested.

These days he was dancing in cloud nine because of his smooth-talking, extremely charming and talented son in law. I don't know how this happened, now itself my headstrong dad starts to do whatever Vijay suggests and I was quite surprised by that. It's not something I don't like but it's making me afraid about so many things.

Men who used to live alone may act dominant, ruling and they will never like us to disturb them or interfere in their decisions, an example is my dad but he shows all of that occasionally. I think Vijay will also be like that; I have no doubt in that, all I worry about is how he will show that? Oh God, how I am going to stay with him? I sighed in frustration.

I have this attitude if someone tries to control me, I won't listen at all. This is the reason I fight with my dad all the time. I am an adult, I know good and bad, and I can make decisions. If I do mistakes, they can correct me but I hate if they treat me like I know nothing.

I don't know why, but I strongly believe that Vijay will also be like my dad and maybe even worse than him. Ah... This is irritating to imagine these things. Even if I try to think only about Vijay's good side, I couldn't. Instead, I think only about all the ways he will be bad.

When I was in my thoughts, I heard my dad's phone ringing in the house. I went inside and saw his phone left on the shelf. I picked up to find Vijay Kumar's name on the phone screen. I become nervous and went to look for my dad rather than answering it. For my bad luck, I couldn't find my dad anywhere in the house and thought he might have gone to see my Aunt.

Then the phone snoozed on its own and I huffed in relief. After placing it on the shelf I stepped to continue my chores but then I was stopped again by another call. It's again him. I just stared at the screen can't able to decide what I have to do.

Even after the engagement, no girl will hesitate to talk with her fiancé except me, in fact, everyone wishes to talk with their future husband day and night but till now I didn't call him or him either. I guess he doesn't like the idea of talking to me before marriage just like my dad. I don't think he doesn't like me because during our engagement he looked happy and talked with me normally. I saw him only there, after our first meeting. Compared to me he looked so bright, he was clean shaved and a matter of face he fair than me. Each time I look at him I can't help but feel so petrified about my future with him.

All my family members instantly liked him as he's too nice, everyone was so happy except me on that day but Vijay didn't talk to me anything specific and I didn't feel that delight about getting married.

Sharath only asked him whether he wants my number and gave it to him when Vijay said yes and I don't use my phone much yet I got his number hoping that he will call me but after days of waiting I lost the hope seeing no calls or at least, a message from him.

I didn't try because of my dad, he told me strictly that I shouldn't speak to him because he still not completely believed my YES for this marriage. It's true even after the engagement I didn't feel that excitement and I have only this fear, fear and fear.

There are a lot of reasons for that -there's only a week left for the marriage, I am insecure about myself, I worry about my dad and lastly Vijay, his attitude. Just his stares making me anxious, there's something in there and whatever he does I find everything so superficial. I don't know much about men but he's surely one of a rare kind and I don't know how I am going to deal with it. Because of all this, I couldn't smile properly these days.