25. But he's a murderer

"Who you'd killed?" I anxiously asked.

"My father," he didn't meet my eyes but I can feel that's the truth.

"You're lying!" I exclaimed unable to believe it.

"No, I am telling the truth," he looked at my eyes.

"Why?"

He nodded that he can't tell.

"Why? Answer me?"

"Because.... Because... h-he raped me," he blurted out and started crying hugging me. I was dumbfounded by the revelation. My eyes widened with shock. It's the same as when I came to know that I am not my father's daughter. I felt like I am no longer alive because these are all way more unpleasant to hear.

When he said he was abused by his father, I thought it's physical abuse and not that he might be sexually abused by his own father.

Don't know whether to console him or ask him to continue further, I saw the vulnerable side of him. My heart bleeds for his pain and I wondered even something like this can happen to a boy and that to my husband?

"Don't cry, look at me," I said and he did.

"What really happened?"

He kept crying, refusing to talk. I never saw a man emotional like this and there I realized how deeply that has affected him. I let him cry, maybe this is the first time he's crying to someone.

Then after he calms down, he starts to show the scar that still bleeds from his soul.

"My mom and dad got married at a young age, my mother was just eighteen and my father was twenty-three. They used to fight, all the time because of my father, he's alcoholic, drug addict, and a womanizer. I was grown up in a wrecked household like that. My dad will beat me and my mom if she asks why he's destroying the family and my mother showed her agony on me, she thought I am just a barrier for her freedom."

"Most of the time, she goes to her mother's house after having a fight, leaving me with my father or to my step-grandmother. Even that old woman treated me worse. She used to beat me using a wooden stick if I do a small mistake," my tears glided to my cheeks hearing that.

"Now my grandpa talks like he's a good man but that time, he didn't care what's going on in the family,"

"Some memories will never fade even how young you're or how bad is that. When I was eleven, my mother had an affair with one of her relatives. I came to know that when that man kissed my mother in front of me. Can you imagine how disgusting that situation will be?" Vijay gritted.

I nodded and patted his back gently to calm him.

"Then somehow my father came to know about the affair, and you can imagine what he could do. He wanted to kill my mother and that time she ran away leaving me with my father, alone."

"I begged her to take me with her but she refused because her lover doesn't want me," Vijay cried.

"My father's abuse left me having bruises and fever every time. I lost the interest to study at that time,"

"No one knows this, but my father was the reason for my mom's accident and her lover's death. I know it. And ever since I know it, I was traumatized."

"After giving the deserving punishing to my mother. He happily started to bring prostitutes to our house and to do all sorts of things in front of me."

"My grandpa turned blind eye to all of those filthy things. All he cared is, he wants his son to be alive," Vijay said and now I realize why he's not so attached to his grandfather.