hyeongjun ; #04

Year 2017, I was in sophomore college when first I met Hyeongjun, he just enrolled in my university for his 11th Grade, way back his senior high school, He wasn't that tall, now I have to look up whenever I talk to him and he's really giving me neck pain to be honest.

During those days, I really treated him like a baby brother, He's really charming and adorable plus I can see his potentials. He's undeniably smart and good-looking, I used to be his coach for some academic related competitions, at some point, I knew that he don't need for those kind of competitions but I keep him close to me because I like his brother Jungmo.

But unfortunately, Jungmo already had a girlfriend. Nevertheless, I still keep in touch with him when he needs me because he's my baby after all.

I am in the library and currently looking for a specific book I need for my Economics class, as I was strolling through different shelves, I found it but It was located in the upper part of the shelves and I cant reach it.
I tried to tiptoed and jump just to reach it but unlucky, my height betrayed me.

I was about to get the ladder chair when someone from my back get the book and handed it to me.
I accepted the book and looked up to the guy who gave it to me, No wonder he reached it, he was so tall.

“It's been a while, Noona.” He started.

I was so shocked to see that it was Hyeongjun, wow just purely wow, he's really tall now.

“Hyeongjun? Song Hyeongjun?” I asked.

He just smiled at me as an answer, He may look manlier now but those smiles are still the same, he is still so cute.

I guess it's been years since I last saw him since I became so busy last year because of my internship and now I'm still busy for my graduation preparations.

“Coffee? Just like before?” He asked.

“Sure!” I answered instantly, but I realized that I still have classes.

“But not today I guess? I still have classes.” I answered and sighed, It would've been great to catch up things with him, I miss this kid so much.

“It's okay, I'll wait for you, around what time will be your dismissal?” He asked.

Aww, such a gentleman, I raised this baby decently.

“4PM.” I answered.

“Okay, I'll wait for you infront of your department office.” He said and smiled.

We bid our goodbyes for a while and I hurriedly run to my class because I'm late. Hours passed so dast that It was already dismissal, I hurriedly pack my things and made my way infront of our department office, He was sitting there in bench with his earphones on, he's so cute and good looking that other students are looking at him.

He looked at my direction and stood up while waving his hands, as I am walking to his direction, I can hear murmurs of students like 'Im so lucky' such. I just laughed at my thoughts.

“Did you wait long?” I asked right away.

“No, not really.” He said and smiled.

“Let's go? There's a really nice nereby café here outside the university.” I said and smiled

Suddenly, he offered his arms on me, I looked at him so puzzledly.

“Clutch your hands on my arms.” He said

I stopped and laughed hilariously.

“Yah Hyeongjunie, Where did you learn that?” I asked while still laughing.

“Noona, you're embarrassing me.” He said and looked away.

I calm myself and stopped laughing, I clutched my hands on his arms.

“Hmm, My Hyeongjunie is now gentlemen? I can't believe that time flies so fast.” I said as we were walking together.

“You're now a grown up, but you're still a baby in my eyes. Seeing you doing great now that you're in college makes me so happy, I feel like a proud sister.” I told him

“You should be, You're the only noona I have.” He said and patted my head.

“You too noona, you didn't changed a bit, you're still small, you didn't grow even a centimeter.” He added mockingly.

I pinch his arms hard and he just laughed at me.
“You're still annoying just like your brother.” I said, that slipped out of my mouth.

We remained silent for a while, I wish Jungmo is now happy with his girlfriend.

After minutes of walking we already arrived at the cafe shop, we had a great conversation together.
He's now a sophomore in the College of Engineering, and currently at the top of his class, consistently receiving excellence awards.

“Noona, Can I ask you something?” He asked in the middle of our conversation

“Fire away.” I answered

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He asked.

“No I don't have, and I'm planning not to have one.” I answered.

“Why?”

“My last relationship was a total distressed, I got cheated.” I sighed, as much as possible, I tried to avoid this kind of conversation but it was inevitable.

I tried to hold back my tears as I remembered those memories

He instantly handed me tissues looking panicked.

“If you could've just liked me instead noona.” He said.

I looked at him at laughed it out.

“Stop learning cheesiness from your brother.” I said and calmed myself.

“You're a good joker too.” I added.

“But I seriously like you noona, since I was kid, I have always adored you. You're so pretty and smart, you're so considerate and compassionate, everything about you is wonderful. I was even glad that you and Jungmo hyung didn't end up together.” He said while looking intently in my eyes.

“If it could've been me, How I wish it was me.” He said and smiled sadly.

“Please let wait for me to be a grown up man, Please wait for me to be deserving of your feelings and attention. I'm going to prove myself to you noona, Please wait for me.” He said full of dedication and determination in his voice.

Hyeongjun never failed to amaze me, thoughts inside my head, well, we'll see.