serim ; #14

“Aliens are real.” My friend said.

And for the ninth time around, I just sighed. We're really going to argue over this matter again.

“No, They're not.” I calmly answer and divert my attention towards the passing people.

We are at a nearby coffee shop, I just came here since she told me that she will announce something important that can't be said through phone, And guess what? She just told me that she bought another extraterrestrial book about alien and that cost almost thousands.

“The universe is so large my lovely friend, we can't tell if there are other life existing outside earth, outside the milky way galaxy. Who knows right?” She added.

“Yeah who knows?And so what if they do exists? As if we will gain money from them and also, stop buying those kind of books! Save some money!” I exclaimed and rolled my eyes.

I sipped to my Iced caramel and massaged my temple. I'll never get used to her addiction of collecting books about aliens and extraterrestrial beings.

“But what if, If they are already here on earth and they were just pretending to be a human? What if we encounter them unconsciously? What if we talked to them unknowingly they are outside earth being? OMG!” she exclaimed and giggled.

Oh my god. I'm running out of patience.

“What if you go to the hospital and seek for a mental help? You're getting delusional each day.” I answered with of sarcasm.

“Bitch.” She murmured.

I just shrugged my shoulders and continue to watch people passing outside. I took a glimpse towards the wall clock inside the coffee shop and it was almost 5.

I looked outside and noticed dark clouds above, I think it's about to rain and I didn't even bother to bring any umbrella. Usually around 5pm it was still It is still sunny outside but today? Sudden whether changes? Well whatever.

“I'm going home.” I said and stood up.

“Okay take care!” She answered while still reading at her newly bought. She didn't even bother to look at me, what an unpleasant woman.

I walk outside and made my way to the bus station when the rain started to pour heavily. What an unlucky day! I run until I made it into shed where the bus stops, I am literally soaking wet. I hate this day!

I looked around and see a mother and her child also running in the shed. The little girl is so cute with her bangs.

“Mommy my hair is ugly now.” She said to her mom while pouting, she's such a cutie!

“It's okay baby, you still look lovely.” Her mom answered.

I can't help but to smile, they look cute together. The mother looked at me and smiled, so I smiled back too.

I looked at the pouring rain, This ain't going to stop any soon, and if it'll continue to rain, It'll be hard for me to go home, my mom will spank me to death.

A sudden phone call brought me back to reality. I searched through my pants pocket. I looked at my phone and no one's calling me.

“Yes Hello?” said by the woman's voice at my side. It was the mother a while ago.

Ahhh, So it wasn't my phone who's ringing, I just quietly laugh at myself, I thought my mom's already calling me. She'll totally beat me if I ain't at home at 6.

I just sighed, The bus is supposed to come anytime soon but why it's still not here?

I took a glimpse of the child at my side but to my surprise she's not there, I looked at her mother who's busy searching something into her bag, where's her daughter? I roamed my eyes around and saw that she about in the middle of the road running towards a stray cat.

What the hell! A bus is approaching towards her damn! What am I going to do? She will get hit by the bus damn it!

With still a lot of hesitation, I build up my courage and run towards her as fast as I can, adrenaline rush took over me. The bus is so damn fast like a flash.

Luckily I held unto her shoulder and push her to sideways and unfortunately, I slipped damn hard since im running and my butt was the first thing that landed into the wet road and it hurts that I can't able to stand up.

The bus is right in front of me beeping loudly. Even the bus will try to step in to it's break, it will still hit me hard.
Am I going to die? I closed my eyes hard waiting the bus to hit me in

5...4...3...2...1...

I opened my eyes and to my surprise the bus stopped. Damn that was so close! I can still feel my heart pounding.

I looked around to see if there's anyone who will help me. I'm lying here on the wet road for almost a minute and still no one is approaching me.

I realized that, the heavy rain stopped but why no one is helping me? Even it's hard I tried my best to sit, and honestly speaking I can't feel my body.

Wait.

Am I dead? I pinched my cheeks to check that my soul is still in tact inside my body, am I still alive?

“Yeah, Luckily you're still alive.” A warm voice of a man answered my thoughts.

“Who are you? Can you help me to stand up?” I asked.

“I already save your life and you're still asking me to help you? Hmm you're so demanding.” He answered.

I looked at him to witness how breathtaking he was, Wow just wow! I never seen someone as handsome as he is.

But wait.

Save my life?

How?

“I just stopped the time, easy as that.” He answered.

I looked around to see that even the raindrops are at paused. Ha! I must be dreaming, My head hit the road, not my butt. Yeah, I'm just hallucinating. This is not true, I just my head hard. Yeah.

I looked at him and he just rolled his eyes on me.

“Just be thankful that I save you! You're ungreatful woman.” He said.

But Is this really true? But how he stop time?

“Are you sure I'm still alive? Are you an Angel? Or, Are you God?” I asked.

“None of the above.” He answered.

“Just move aside because the time will tik tok again, or you really want to get hit by that bus?” He added.

I tried to stand up but my butt still hurts.

“Can you please help me?” I plead.

He just sighed and walked in front of me then carry in a bridal way. I looked at his face and one thing for sure he is magnificently handsome. He put me down in sideways where the bus won't hit me.

He stood up but before he go, I held his hands, I'm still not finished

“If you are not an angel or God, how did you save me. How did you acquire that power? Are you Hades apostle? Are you from underworld? Are you sure you aren't a grim reaper?” I continually asked.

This is really impossible!

“I'm an alien.” He answered.

Before I could say anything, I heard the loud beep of the bus. The time run again.

Wait.

Where is he? He was just right in front of me but what happened?

The bus stopped and the driver and some passengers approached me.

I can feel dizziness eating me, but before I passed out, It sinked on me that he said that he is an alien.

No way.