woobin ; #12

As another year passed by, surprisingly I managed to find friends for someone like me who's not into people or active interacting. I enjoy my self-company.
I prefer being alone because I can't stand other people nosiness and getting involved with their problems.

With large steps and half running to my classroom, I immediately run inside as the teacher started the attendance roll call.
With all eyes as I'm late in the very first day of class, I silently sat behind Woobin's chair.

The same set of classmates and same set of seating arrangement, a new school year is about to welcome us.

“So I'm looking for 1 representative, anyone who's into musical or can sing?” Our music teacher asked as she looked at us excitingly, but unfortunately no one raised their hands.

She just sighed expecting things will turned out this way.

“Okay, exemption on midterm exam and additional 1 credit direct to over all rating of your grade.” She offered waiting for anyone to raise their hands.

She's almost into his defeat when Woobin suddenly raised his hands and made everyone looked at him in amusement, including me.

Our teacher finally smiled widely as she looked at Woobin with her most satisfying smile, there goes Woobin saving her and voluntarily represent the class.

Last year, he was the over all rank one with the average of 1.25, outstanding with consistent A+ remarks in all of his subjects, good looking, and humble. And now, he can even sing.

'Interesting and amusing, He's always the best' I said inside my thoughts.

“Can you really sing?” She asked.

“Yes.” He answered with his common tone of voice, cold and unbothered.

“Great, I'll meet you later.” She said to Woobin that made him nod.

“As expected, Our Woobin saving us again!!” Our classmate Taeyoung yelled that made everyone chuckled and cheered

I look at him from his back who's currently reading his notes for our next subject.

I can hear my other classmates murmuring their adoration towards him, and I'm sure he probably can hear it too but he never bothered to look at them.

He is always quite and unbothered, it feels like he lives in whole different world. He's sort of mysterious and intriguing.

Many has misinterpret his attitude towards everyone, some hate him for being a snob and competitive, some adores him being smart and good-looking and some are stuck in the middle, like me.

The next subject teacher arrived and distribute his handouts regarding his subject, As everyone passing their paper backwards, here goes my heartbeat started to race when Woobin looked back at me as he passed the paper to me.

I immediately took the paper in his hands and looked away, avoiding his gaze.

Please, just please my heart stop racing, stop pounding so loud, I'm afraid that anyone might hear my heartbeats.

I looked up as I'm trying so hard to relax myself.
Inhale, Exhale.

“Miss YN, you're face is so red and you're sweating so much, are you alright?” Our teacher suddenly ask.

Everyone looked at me intriguingly including Woobin, which made me uncomfortable.

This is embarrassing! What would I say?

I bit my lip as I answered

“I feel sick.” I lied

I guess this is where lies are useful, to escape judgements and embarrassing situations.