woobin; #19

This chapter is set in Goryeo Era (hahahaha I'm so fed up with sageuk dramas)

“Your Highness! Don't run! You might get hurt.” My lady guard yelled to me.

Oh gosh, she's so loud.

“SSHHH. Quite! People will caught us okay? Just shut your mouth.” I told her while trying to sneak out to the palace backyard.

“Your majesty father will kill me if they found out that I'm helping you to escape from here.” She told me in panic tone.

Here we go again.

“Don't worry okay? As long as you stay by my side, They won't harm you understand?” I told her and wink.

She just shrugged her head with a panicked face. She's used to it anyway.

“Just be sure to go home before the sunset Your Highness.” She told me.

I just nodded as an answer.

I climbed up the walls in the backyard and successfully made to across it.

Finally! I fix my dress and wipe the dirts on it.

I looked around to see if there's a royal palace guards roaming around and to my luck.

There's none. I'm so lucky today!

I can walk all around in town since people don't know that I am the princess. No one knows what the princess looks like.

They don't know how pretty I am.

I made my way to the town and get a good spot where people won't recognize me to watch the parade of solidarity.

This is once a year event celebration so I don't want to miss it.

The main reason why I am here is because of General Woobin.

The man I only adore. The Nation's General Soldier. The man who risked his life just to protect the country.

The march began and I only set my eyes on him. He is leading the parade wearing his armor and sword followed by his men.

He's still handsome as ever
He is brave, strong and smart.
Perfection.

I was lovingly looking at him and to my surprise, he looked at my direction and smiled at me.

Did he just smiled at me? Oh my goodness! Today is really my lucky day.

I will never forget that smile, I will never ever!

The march has ended and everyone went back to their work places.

Since it's still early, I just tour around the whole town and witnessed something that changed my perspective towards my perfect country.

Extreme Poverty.

What happened?

I thought my father were taking care of all the people in the country, But what is this? People were asking for money, for food.
A lot of them look miserable.
Children were malnourished.
Families were just sleeping in dirty blankets and they are all over this area. They are isolated from the middle class people.
This scene really breaks my heart. I thought all people in this place were all living fine but I thought wrong.
I lived in luxury while this people are trying so hard just to keep on living.

“Miss, Can you give us some money? Please? My sister and I haven't eaten since yesterday.” I came back to reality when a little girl begged me to gave money.

I looked at her and I can't help but to feel pity.

“Where are your parents?”

“I don't know.” She said.