allen; #21

PART THREE

I woke up feeling like my head is breaking into two. I slowly opened my eyes and saw an unfamiliar place.

Where am I?

I looked at my hand and saw some bandages. I also noticed that my clothes are different from the clothes I'm wearing a while ago.

There's also bandages on my head and face.
I tried to recall everything that happened but my head is crumbling in pain whenever I tried to.

The last thing I remembered is there's a man rescued me before I passed out. I closed my eyes and relaxed my head for a while.

Whoever he is, I am so grateful to him.

“Are you awake now?” A voice seems like calling me.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a gorgeous man. He's good looking.
He looks intelligent the way he dressed up.
He seems like rich and came from a wealthy family.

Who is he?

“Ow, I'm sorry. Did I woke you up?” He told me with apologetic stares on me.

“Who are you?” I asked him.

He scratched his nape and his ears turned into red.

“My name is Allen, Allen Ma.” He told me and smiled.

I looked his face thoroughly and realized something. He's that guy. The one who save me a while ago.
Why I didn't even recognize him right away.

My eyes slowly tearing up, I feel like my saviour is in front of me. He save me when I needed someone to rescue me, The man whom I owe my life. He's my miracle.

“Why are you crying?” He asked me in a panicking tone.

“Thank you, Thank you so much for saving me. Thank for helping me when everyone  is turning their back on me.” I told him showing all my sincerity.

“Hey stop crying okay? You're welcome.” He told me while trying to calm me.

“Wait me here okay? I'll get you something to eat.” He added and leave me for a while.

I sit properly and looked at surroundings.
I knew this place.
This is the Goryeo's lodge.
An exclusive place for high class personels or wealthy visitors of the country. He must be a foreigner.

He must been very rich to afford this kind of place. What's his name again?
I'm really no good at remembering names and faces.

A few moments later, he came back with some maids carrying tray of foods and put it in the table in front of me.
Why it has to be so plenty? It seems like were on feast.

“I made sure that all kinds of food is complete so you can chose. Go eat now.” He offered me while smiling.

I looked at him and he seems to be happy, I wonder why?

“I'm so thankful that you saved my life, but helping me this much is a bit too much I guess.” I told him.

“Why? Aren't you hungry? You should eat now. I made them prepared all of these for you.” He told me woth a little bit disappointment in his voice.

“It's not like that.” I told him trying to lift up the situation.

“Just eat okay?” He told me and smiled again.

He must be a bubbly type of a person.

He watched me eating, and for the whole time around, he is just smiling widely to me.
I don't know but, he's comfortable to be with. He talks and smiles a lot. He's telling me stories and stuffs.

Later on, I finally finished eating and felt so delighted. After three days of starvation, I finally ate something good and feel full.

“Let's go to balcony?” He asked me and guided me there since I'm still feeling little dizzy.

We sat on a bench made of marble and looked at the scenery in front of us.

“The palace looks so wonderful.” He uttered in amusement.

“Yes it is.” I answered him and looked at the palace which is hundred meters away from us.

I miss the old days, I miss my father, I miss my old self. I missed everything about the palace. Will I be able to go back there?

“There will be a celebration tomorrow evening in the palace to celebrate the new owner of the throne.” He told me

“What do you think about the new king?” I asked and looked at him.

He stunned for a while, I guess he's choosing the right words to say.

“Honestly, he's a good friend of mine. I don't want to say something about him. I'm sorry.” He answered and smiled.

“It's okay.” I told him and sighed.

They are friends, and probably he's invited to that party.

“Tell me about yourself, and why those people were hurting you.” He asked me with full of curiosity in his voice.

Should I tell him the truth? A part of me wants to tell a lie since he is Woobin's friend but a part of me wants to tell the truth because he saved me.

“I'm the daughter of the late King, I am the princess. And those people? They are blaming me for my father's and his officials wrong doing.” I answered him honestly. But to my surprise, He's not even shocked to my revelation.

He looked at me and smiled.

“I know.” He said.

He knew that I was the princess?
But why did he even asked?

“I knew that you were the princess, I'd just asked you if you're going to tell me the truth or you'll lie and hide your identity.” He told me and smiled.

“It's because I trust you, because you saved my life.” I told him and smiled back.

“Would you like to come with me tomorrow evening to the welcoming party?” He asked unaware.

“Why would I? Why would I go to a party where they're celebrating our dethronement? Why would I celebrate his success rebellion?” I told him and started to teared up the followed by soft sobs.

Allen panicked and hugged me while tapping my back trying to calm me.

No one knows how I feel so miserable right now. I even came to the point that I want to end up my life but I can't, There's something holding me back.
An urge that making me stop to harm myself.

“Stop crying please? I'm sorry I didn't mean it.” He told with full of sadness in his voice.

He hold my face and slowly wiped my tears then he hold my hand.

“I will help you escape to this mess. I'll help you end this miserableness. I'll help you start again.” He told me full of determination in his voice while looking straight to my eyes.

“I'm from a wealthy family in my country, I'll help you to restart and build yourself again, just come with me.” He told me.

“Why are you telling this all of the sudden?” I asked him out of curiosity? All of the sudden?
Why? He feel pity for me?

“Remember back then you were just a little kid? I'm that boy who used to visit the palace and play tea cup with you. I was there every year during your birthdays but upon realizing you're turning into a beautiful grown up woman, I started to feel shy and never approached you again.
We actually seen each others before. I used to admire you ever since and I can't bear to see you suffering like this. You deserve more than this Your Highness and I can offer you everything you need.” He answered.

Is this a sudden confession?

I don't know what to say. His offer is quite tempting. I want to leave this place and forget everything. I want to stop my miserableness.

“What do you want in return?” I asked him.

Nothing is free these days. All of the things now are needed to pay. It's a give and take situation.

“Come with me to my country, Be my wife and carry my future heir.”