Y/N's Past(1/2)

A/N:
Mentions body shaming and self harm! In both of these chapter if you are sensitive I'd suggest skipping the flashbacks-thank you!

:flashback:

I stared into the mirror. I was fixing to hop into the shower,but I just so happened to get a glimpse of my body. I turned to the side,I wasn't over weight...at least not that much. I was just a little bigger than most girls my age. 'You're gross!' I thought to myself as I heard loud thud from outside the bathroom. I opened the door slightly and yelled: "mom?! Are you ok?!" I then heard her shout back she was fine.

I shut the door and hopped into the shower. The hot water hit my skin and was extremely refreshing. My dad died about 4 years ago,leaving me and my mom all alone. We didn't have family. So it was just us. After my dad passed away,my mom got a job offer but this forced us to pack up our things and head over to Japan.

And thats where we are today.

The kids at my school don't like me. Especially the girls. I said earlier that I was little bigger than girls my age,yea,that was in America. In Japan,I'm considered 'over weight'. The girls get to me a lot and by that I mean all the time. Their words echo in my head 24/7. There is no escape.

I looked over at my razor that was the side of the bath tub. I looked at my wrists and immediately shuttered. I didn't like harming myself,but I needed a escape. So,this was my outlet. I picked up the razor and took a deep breath in and guided it against my arms,the blood slowly seemed out of me like a waterfall.

I quickly cleaned off the razor to hide the fact of the cuts. I set it onto the counter and felt myself becoming a dizzy. I leaned against the wall,thankfully there was no loud thud or anything. I took a sigh of relief,not due to the pain but the loudness is the hit.

I quickly finished up my shower and wrapped some bandages around my arms. I dried off and headed to my bedroom. My bedroom was small and cozy. I only had a few things,like a bed,a side table and a closet. My own paintings and drawings lined the walls to give it a more homie feel.

Not long after I started my homework I heard a knock on the door telling me that dinner was ready. I headed downstairs and ate with my mom and soon went back to my room.

The sun said goodbye as the moon came out right behind it. I liked the night much better than the day time. It was so much more calming. I walked over to my window and leaned my hand on the window sill. I took a deep sigh and stared up at the moon.

"Dear dad..."I started"it's April 9th 1949. I miss you,lots. I know that you don't want me to harm myself,but I need to. I beg of you,please don't tell mom. She'll send me to a mental institution probably. So today at school,I got bullied some more because of my 'accent' and the fact I can't speak proper Japanese yet. They also screamed at me and hurt me telling me I was overweight and I would never be accepted into society." I felt myself starting to get chocked up"a-and...I think they might be...r-right." Then the tears started to fall. I wiped them away as soon as they fell. "There's a boy I-I like. H-His name is Todoroki. He's a upperclassmen. H-He's really handsome...I-I want to t-tell him I-I like him. I-I might do that tomorrow." I then let out a yawn"I guess it's time for me to go." I tiredly day getting up.

"I'll speak to you...tomorrow." I finished yawning in between. I cut out the light from ceiling and crawled into my bed. I pulled the covers up and went to bed.

:flashback end:

"So you went to confess to a boy?" I ask as Y/N nods. "But I don't get something..."I trail off"what?" She hums"why weren't you accepted?" She rolls her eyes"weren't you just listening?!" I nod"I-I was. B-But I don't think being 'overweight' has anything to do with so-"she cuts me off"back then it was. Do you know what Chinese foot binding is?" I nod"well,basically if you weren't a 'certain weight' back then...you were shunned." She takes a deep breath"can I continue?" I nod and slide down the the wall next to where she was not to long ago.