If Only You Knew

AMANES POV:

"It is now 5:30pm. Will the children playing outside. Please make your way safely home." I heard yells outside the window and out in the halls. I looked over at the door to where Y/N was leaning against the wall,her arms crossed. "I've told you a dozen times,I just want to help you as your teacher." I look over at Tsuchigomori"don't look at me like that Amane." Tsuchigomori tended to my wounds as he pressed for information like her usually did. Last time this happened I brought up Y/N on accident.

I pulled my hand away and stood up"even if no one else would forgive it,even if there was no reason to justify it...I forgive it." I said glaring slightly at Tsuchigomori. I looked at the floor"teacher...I want you to know I have a lunar rock." Tsuchigomori hummed and I heard footsteps and knew Y/N moved towards us. "Yea! It came to me one night,I think when I was four? It sorta just fell from the sky." I rambled digging threw my pockets"ah! Here!" I showed the small rock"would you believe me if I said it was real?"

"Amane,he's not going to believe it." I hear Y/N say"no." I giggled"I thought so! But we believe it's real." I pulled my hand away"that's why no matter what anyone says,this is a lunar rock!" I then rushed over to the chalk board,I grabbed the white chalk"teacher,how far do you think the moon is from Earth?" I hummed as I got on my tip toes"it's more than 380,000 kilometers away!" I exclaim"and how do you know this Amane?" Y/N hums behind me but I only ignore her"and that's how far this baby traveled to get here." I said placing the chalk down"isn't that something?! Even a rock like this can travel that far!" I turn to the black haired teacher"it's my prized possession~."

He stays silent.

"Amane,we aren't talking about the moon we are talking about-"but I rush over to the window"HEY! LOOK AT THAT!" I exclaim"LISTEN TO ME!" He roars"teacher,the moon is already out!" I said with a big smile turning to the two people in the room.

I turn back to the window and hear footsteps. "Have you ever wanted to go to the moon,teacher?" I hop up onto the window sill,and latch my hand onto the ledge of the window. "AMANE!" I hear Y/N scream"TSUCHIGOMORI!"

I rais my right hand up to the moon"well I have. The moon is so big and beautiful. Maybe...that's why...I-I just get the feeling it's gotta be a big great place." I said getting on my tip toes and leaning slightly.

I heard commotion behind me. "JUST-HEY! BE CAREFUL!" Tsuchigomori's voice was heard behind me"AMANE! P-PLEASE GET OFF THE LEDGE! Y-Y-YOU COULD F-FALL!"

My shoes fell back to the ledge,I stayed silent. I heard footsteps behind me,one was heavier than the other indicating that it was both Tsuchigomori and Y/N.

I wiped my head around and stared at them with a blank stare. I crouched down and slapped Tsuchigomori's hand away from mine,he seemed taken back by this. "Hey...Tsuchigomori..."I mutter staring down at the floor. "You said that you...w-were worried about me,yea?" Tsuchigomori hums in agreement. "Y-You said you wanted to help me..."I trail off"I-I did."

I look up to them"then...will you do one more thing for me?" Tsuchigomori nods as I smile brightly. I grab his hand and place the lunar rock in it"here. Take this."

Tsuchigomori stares at the rock"isn't this your prized possession though?" I nod"yea...it's just that whenever I look at that rock...I feel like I can go anywhere." I smile lightly"but I've made up my mind...I'm not going anywhere." I finished as the room stayed silent.

"Amane,I really don't think that I should-"I shake my head"no." I hop off the ledge"you're taking it. And that's final." I groan"you've done so much for me,so let me repay you." Tsuchigomori sighed out a 'fine' and walked over to pick up the fallen medical supplies.

"Oh Amane...if only you knew." I glanced at Y/N who shakes her head as I only shrug.