7- The Epitome Of Awkwardness

As the two women arrived at the U.A. campus, Himari was rendered speechless by the sight of the amazing building in front of her. Never before had she seen something like this.

Naturally, she'd seen impressive buildings all over Japan, but this was something different. The U.A. had a special meaning for her. She'd always wanted to attend this school as a teen, but in the end, it hadn't been enough for an acceptance letter.

The woman stopped for a moment and examined the soaring building in front of her in an awe-stricken silence, trying her best to keep her mouth closed. It was a welcome distraction from the little mental breakdown she'd just suffered from back at her house.

Recovery Girl was waddling in front of Himari, leading the way, while the latter was following her like a lost puppy, repeatedly slowing down to prevent herself from outrunning the tiny lady.

As they strolled through the empty hallways of the U.A., Himari still couldn't wrap her head around the situation she was currently in. It was surreal. Everything that was happening was surreal. But for a change, this was surreal in a positive way.

Several times, Himari almost tripped over her own feet because she was too busy with letting out uhs and ahs of admiration while her eyes explored the marvellous insides of the U.A.

Their first stop was Recovery Girl's office, where Himari could store her suitcase until she'd be done with her meeting with the principal. As they arrived there, the brunette couldn't even take a look at her confidant's office – much to her dismay. Chiyo snatched the suitcase out of her hands and nonchalantly threw it into the room before she instantly resumed her way to the principal's office.

Himari silently followed her, feeling her nervousness increase with every step in the direction of the office.

When the two of them arrived in front of an excessively huge door, Recovery Girl stopped in her tracks without warning, causing Himari to almost run full force into her.

The senior heroine sent her protégée a warm smile and nodded at the door to signalize her that they'd arrived at their destination.

"Aren't you going to join us?", Himari asked, raising an eyebrow at Chiyo, who didn't evoke the impression that she'd come in with her.

"No, it seems like you're a strong and independent woman. I'm pretty sure that you can manage this on your own. I have my own work waiting for me. Just come to my office when you're done, then I'll get you to your new apartment."

Himari put on a first-class pout, averting her gaze to escape Chiyo's smug face, "Of course. I don't need you to in there with me. I'm not a child. I-I was just asking. See you later then."

Recovery Girl, youthful as always, gave her an enthusiastic thumbs-up, not able to suppress a smirk at Himari's nervousness, before she turned on her heels and walked down the hallway they'd come from, soon disappearing behind a corner.

Anxiously nibbling on her lower lip, Himari raised her hand and knocked on the door, patiently waiting for the U.A.'s principal to call her in. As she finally took in his familiar voice inviting her in, she took another deep breath in an unsuccessful attempt to shake off her anxiousness before she stepped inside.

Don't be so anxious. There's nothing to worry about. Everything's basically settled already.

When Himari entered what seemed to be a pretty standard looking office, nothing extraordinary at all, her eyes immediately started to explore every inch of it, but she couldn't spot the man she was here to talk with.

All of a sudden, the door behind her snapped shut, almost causing Himari's soul to leave her body. The woman turned around, expecting to finally face her self-proclaimed saviour only to find herself staring at the closed door instead.