13 - A Night Out

Already loitering in front of her open wardrobe for more than an hour, Himari was still havering what to the night out she'd been forced to join with a forceful nudge of tough love on behalf of Chiyo.

A huge pile had formed behind her back on the bed. Every time she'd tried something on and had reluctantly come to the conclusion that it probably wasn't what she had in mind, although the brunette had no idea what exactly it was she had in mind, she'd nonchalantly thrown it across her shoulder, not even wasting a single thought to consider folding it and putting it back to its original place in the wardrobe.

On top of that, Himari noted that it wasn't exactly helpful that she had absolutely no clue what she should expect from the approaching evening. After all, the only information she'd received from Nemuri had been the address of the place, apparently a bar.

Overthinking and second-guessing celebrated their comeback as Himari found herself in a struggle. She certainly didn't want to show up completely over- or underdressed. Naturally, she could simply decide to not give a flying fuck, but the quiet and extremely annoying voice in the back of her head urged her to care about it since all her colleagues would be there. The last thing she wanted to do was making a bad impression.

Silently cursing Nemuri for that invitation and Chiyo for throwing her under the bus like that, Himari pouted at the loss of the hot date night she'd originally planned for today. She, several fluffy blankets, a pizza, and the TV. It would have been perfect if her plans hadn't been thwarted.

With a long-drawn and overly dramatic sigh, she let herself fall back on the bed, reaching out to grab her phone. Quickly checking the time, she realized that she'd successfully managed to completely lose track of the time again.

Well, fuck. Speed mode it is.

Jumping up as if she was struck by lightning, Himari blindly snatched something from the monstrous pile on the bed, which turned out to be a plain but form-fitting black shirt, adding a simple pair of dark blue jeans.

Less is more, I guess. At least it's comfy.

After squeezing herself into her clothes, she dashed into the bathroom, where she hurriedly splotched some make-up on her face, accentuating her plainness with a bit of red lipstick before she tied her wavy mane up in a messy ponytail.

I'm getting unpleasant flashbacks to Monday morning.

Letting her eyes inspect her appearance in the mirror another time, she rushed out and grabbed her leather jacket and her purse on the way downstairs, where she landed in the hallway, staring at her shoes, her gaze repeatedly alternating between her black pumps and her worn-out sneakers.

Why the fuck am I even wasting so much time with thinking about stuff like this?

Determinedly reaching out for the sneakers, her hand reached out but mechanically stopped midway, a grimace forming on her face.

Again, second-guessing and self-doubt caught up with her, causing her to redirect her hand and quickly slip into her pumps before she dashed out of her house, instantly regretting her choice of footwear as she speed-walked down the road of the campus.

The way to the address Nemuri had given to her was a fifteen-minute walk from the U.A., causing Himari to mute the lazy voice in her head that urged her to call a taxi.

Unfortunately, the stroll there provided her with lots of time, precisely fifteen minutes, to think about what was awaiting her, and Himari grew increasingly nervous with each step that brought her closer to her destination.

I shouldn't be so nervous. I've already met them all before. They're super nice, friendly and whatsoever. There's no need to get myself crazy over this.