57 - Rise and Shine

It was a serene Monday morning.

The sun had already risen, sending a few warm rays through the large window of Himari's bedroom, eradicating the night's darkness and replacing it by illuminating the room with the light of the day.

Apart from the soft snores coming from the bed every now and then, the entire house was in a tranquil state, absent of any life since it was way too early for anyone to be awake. At least, for normal people.

So yes, it truly was a serene Monday morning. One that perfectly resembled the mornings portrayed in Disney films, where everyone was just waiting for the princess to wake up to the sound of birds' twittering, well-rested and ready to fight the world all by herself.

Too bad that life wasn't a Disney film, and too bad that Himari wasn't one of these princesses.

The only resemblance her morning shared with these corny Disney mornings was ruined by the shrill sound of the alarm on Himari's bedside table, that decided that now was the perfect time to let hell loose and inform its owner about the start of a new day.

But said owner wasn't exactly a fan of the rise and shine message the alarm so desperately wanted to transmit as if it was a matter of life and death. Neither was the person whose limbs were entangled with the owner's under the pile of covers on the bed.

Refusing to open her eyes yet, Himari let out a frustrated groan and pulled the blanket over her head, squishing her face even more into Aizawa's bare chest, hoping to escape the gruesome reality for a few more minutes.

Fortunately, the man who was sharing the bed with her agreed on the matter at hand and answered her frustration with a similar groan of annoyance as the shrill ringing tore him from his deep slumber, unwilling to accept that the night was already over.

Also entering a state of refusal, Aizawa tightened his grip around her and pulled her even closer, using the chance to duck away under the blankets as well to hide from the world that was waiting for them to finally get moving.

Needless to say, the shrill ringing continued, and to make it even worse, the volume increased with every minute the two of them failed to turn it off.

Unfortunately, Aizawa and Himari were both respectively waiting for the other to attend to the matter, not even thinking about moving an inch on their own.

But as the ringing reached an unbearable volume, threatening to decay their ears any second, they realized that their plans didn't seem to work out as intended.

"Turn it off", Aizawa grumbled lowly, gradually beginning to accept his fate.

Himari turned around, removed his grip around her, and planted her face straight into the pillow, not even considering what he'd just prompted her to do as an option, "Fuck you. You're closer than me."

Acknowledging that she'd just pointed out the obvious and there was indeed some logic behind her reasoning, he reluctantly admitted his defeat, letting out an extra exaggerated yawn as he stretched his arm to hit the snooze button, a bit more aggressively than originally intended.

"Happy now?"

Yes, Himari was definitely happy now that her ears weren't threatened to break under the torture of this annoying ringing any longer. At least, as happy as a night owl could be at 6:00 a.m.

"Mhm. I'm the personification of delight", she hummed, freeing her face from the pillow and turning to Aizawa with a drowsy smile. "You put it on snooze, didn't you?"

More awake than before, he shifted his attention to her, suppressing a smile as he spotted her bedhead and the sleepy expression on her face. "Maybe."