34 - The Start Of A Long Night

"Hima, we need to leave in twenty minutes. Please tell me that you're ready to go?", Nemuri hollered from her friend's bathroom, where she thoroughly examined her appearance in the mirror for the umpteenth time, making sure that everything was flawless.

The absence of an answer from her friend caused her to stick her head out of the bathroom and peek into the bedroom only to find the woman in question sitting on the bed, legs crossed, a pizza box placed on them and happily munching on a slice of pizza while bobbing her head in the rhythm of the music that was blasting from her phone that was lying next to her on the bed.

Himari's hair was in a state of utter chaos, tied up in a messy bun. There was no sight of make-up on her freckled face yet, to Nemuri's horror, and she was wearing an oversized shirt accompanied by nothing than her panties and a pair of neon green fluffy socks.

"Oh my-...Hima! Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Huh?" Hima, who was still busy with munching on her pizza, looked up, coming face-to-face with Nemuri's boobs that were on the same eye level as her head and barely covered by the fabric of the burgundy dress she was wearing. When she lifted her head even more, she noticed that Nemuri was already fuming, the fume almost visibly steaming out of her ears in a cartoon-like manner.

"Get your pretty little ass up from the bed, put that pizza away, and get yourself ready. Just look at you! We need to leave in fifteen minutes!", Nemuri barked agitatedly, not wanting to be late at the reception.

She wanted to be one of the first people there. For her, there was nothing better than checking out all the people swarming in the entrance hall. This was the best opportunity to gain an overview of who was attending the gala. But her hopes started to dwindle with every second her eyes lingered on her messy friend on the bed.

Himari placidly continued to eat, shoving the rest of her pizza slice into her mouth and calmly chomping it down, before she answered her agitated friend, "Do I really have to go there? Like – really really? Can't I just stay here? You could tell Nezu that I'm sick or something."

Nemuri glanced at the clock, already dangerously close to losing her temper, "You know that you were at school just hours ago, right? You were fit as a fiddle."

"Well, and you know that the flu can strike fast, right? One moment you're fine, and the next one you're fucking done with your life and wish you could die to stop the suffering. Just say I have something like that", Himari nonchalantly stated, already ogling at the next slice in the box on her lap.

"Get up. Get ready. Now. Or I'll be the one to get you ready, assuring that you look absolutely stunning tonight."

Himari hesitated for a moment, taking in the undertone that was resonating in Nemuri's voice. She was dead serious, causing her to imagine how she'd end up looking if her friend would use her as a dress-up and make-up doll.

The frightening image that suddenly popped up in Himari's head caused her to remove the pizza box from her lap, carefully placing it down next to her on the bed while whispering, "It's ok, Baby. I'm sorry. I promise you that I'll be back and finish what I started."

When she was done with her dramatic and emotional goodbye, she jumped up, avoiding eye-contact with Nemuri because she was too scared to meet her icy gaze another time, and hurried into the bathroom to get ready for the evening whose arrival she had dreaded the whole week.

"Was it really that hard to get your ass up? Sometimes you're worse than the kids at school", Nemuri commented Himari's rash escape whilst rolling her eyes as she sat down on the bed, anxious to keep a safe distance between herself and the pizza box as well as the place formerly occupied by Himari. The last thing she needed right now was a stain on her new dress.