10 - Welcome at the U.A.

Much to Himari's dismay, a staff meeting at a school for future heroes didn't seem to differ from a staff meeting in a normal school. Remarkable students. Alarming students. Lesson plans. The organisation of necessary substitutions. Planning of field trips.

It was less exciting than expected, and Nezu's boring lecture didn't exactly contribute to keeping everybody's attention in line.

To kill the time while Nezu was fully occupied by holding a dramatic speech about something Himari had never heard off, she absent-mindedly let her eyes wander around, unconsciously trying to take a closer look at her future colleagues, which probably wasn't the best idea.

The woman accidentally caught some of them staring at her, causing them to immediately avert their eyes. It was only reasonable for them to be curious about her, especially after the principal's introduction. She totally understood that. But still, being the obvious centre of attention in the room made her self-consciousness skyrocket, and she started to uncomfortably shift on her seat, squirming under the involuntary burden of being the new one.

With a glance at the time, Nezu finally decided to wrap up the meeting, awkwardly realizing that he'd almost managed to chatter right into the first lesson.

As if his closing words had magic powers, life returned into the room within a few seconds. Everyone vividly jumped up from their seats and hurried out of the room, clogging the door and not even thinking about giving someone else the advantage of going first.

Some of the teachers waved Himari goodbye or flashed a grin in her direction before they disappeared from the room. Small gestures of kindness towards a stranger. Small gestures she willingly mirrored with a genuine smile on her face.

Although the brunette was overwhelmed by meeting that many new people at once, especially after her fabulous entrance, she truly appreciated that they all made a friendly first expression and seemed to be open towards her.

Well, at least most of them.

Speaking of the devil, now with the door freed from the crowd of teachers, Aizawa, whose shameless accusation had left a nasty taste in Himari's mouth, also rose to his feet and headed out, his hands buried in his pockets, not even thinking about sparing her another glance.

Slightly triggered by his behaviour, the brunette's eyes followed him until he was out, sporting an icy glare, but a sudden intruder popped up in her field of vision in the form of a frantically waving Midnight, who instantly caught Himari's attention.

"Hey! I'm Midnight, but the name's Nemuri Kayama. Just call me Nemuri though, alright? I'm so excited to meet you, Himari. Wait, can I call you Himari? Or do you prefer Ishihara? Just tell me. We really need to talk later. Finally another woman here! That's a reason to celebrate. I just need to get going right now, or I'm going to be late. Have fun, you two!"

Her brain crashing from the overload of input, unable to process everything the heroine had just thrown at her, Himari just blankly stared at the enthusiastic raven-haired beauty, trying to find some words, "Uh, sure Nemuri. That's fine. Uhm, see you later then, I guess?"

The vigorous woman flashed her a dazzling smile before she turned on her heels and headed out, but just as Himari recovered from their brief exchange, her head popped back in with a wicked smirk and she winked at the two people left in the room.

"I hope the two of you behave in here. I know that the idea of a quickie at the workplace is tempting, basically the material of dreams", Nemuri suggestively wiggled her eyebrows at her friend before she disappeared, her giggle echoing in the hallway.

"Uh."

Completely taken aback, Himari risked a glance in Present Mic's direction only to find him doing the same, an obvious blush tinging his cheeks.