XX

Noah was Jeremy's boyfriend. It was set in stone by Thursday.

My punishment was lifted.

And what better way to kick off my freedom than meet my brother's boyfriend?

"Noah, this is my little brother Sam." Jeremy said.

"I'm not little." I reminded him, rolling my eyes.

"You're younger."

"Whatever," I glanced at Noah, "it's nice to meet you."

"You too." He smiled.

He had reddish hair and dark brown eyes. Noah was about as tall as Jeremy, and he kept giving him adorable little looks of admiration.

"I have homework." I said, going upstairs.

My phone rang as I went into my room. I didn't bother checking for who it was. I let it ring.

I just wanted to go to sleep. I'd do my homework when I woke up, but the only thing I cared about was taking a long nap.

I got under the covers and yanked them over my head.

The phone had stopped ringing, and I could finally close my eyes.

Then my phone went off again, this time for a text.
I made no move to answer it, but I wished I could have some quiet.

I must of drifted off to sleep because I didn't hear my ringtone for a while.

When I woke up from my nap, a half a hour past. I decided to check my phone and I had two missed calls and ten texts. All from Mike.
I called him back.

"Where the hell have you been?" Mike yelled when he picked up.

"What do you mean?" I asked, shocked he spoke to me like that.

"I mean I've been calling you forever and you didn't pick up. Where have you been?"

"You called me twice."

"Exactly. When I call you, you pick up. What were you doing?"

"Sleeping," I said harshly, "it's not a big deal, Mike."

"Are you kidding me? I have no idea what you're doing. Don't ever ignore my calls again."

"Quit telling me what to do," I snapped, "and I didn't ignore you. I was asleep. Would you prefer it if I check in with you before I take a nap?"

"Yes! If I know you're asleep, I won't call you. Then we wouldn't be having this conversation."

"You shouldn't even care!"

"Well, I do! Next time I try to contact you, I better not get your voicemail. Okay?"

"Can you calm down, please? I don't understand why you're acting like I did something wrong."

"You'd be just as upset if it was the other way around."

"No, I wouldn't. I'm done talking to you."

"Don't hang up on me!" He screamed.

And I did just that. I ended the call and left my phone on my bed. I threw the covers back and went downstairs slowly, stopping at the landing and sitting down.

I wasn't going to cry, I knew that much.

I just didn't get it. He had only called me twice. Since when did I have to answer to Mike?

Since when was he allowed to talk to me like that?
I pushed the situation to the back of my mind and went the rest of the way
downstairs. I halted at the bottom of the steps, peeking around the corner to see when I heard Jeremy's voice in the kitchen.