Prolouge

She gazed down at the egg. It was a small completely normal SandWing egg. Well, that's what she told herself in her head.
If you were to look at the egg from above, no big deal, it was a normal SandWing egg! But if you turned it over, half of it was covered in a inky black. Black. Ever since she had met that NightWing she had hated that color.
Of course, after she had told him she had his egg, he flew off to his NightWing hideout and never came back. Not that she expected everything else from him...
The egg had been a secret ever since, no matter how many times the other SandWings had come to her door, telling her it would be safer in the Hatchery.
Shouldn't she be out soon?. There was that word again, she. She was certain it was going to be female.
What will she look like? A full NightWing? A full SandWing? Three moons, will she get her father's smirk? Will she have powers? She couldn't help, the thoughts kept coming.
"Any minute now" The golden dragon besides her whispered. It was her friend, Cactus. She was the only one who knew the little dragonet's secret.
Cactus had eggs before, so she brought it upon herself to help her friend hatch the dragonet.
"Calm down".
She glanced at her friend. "I can't! What if she looks like a NightWing? Then everyone will know".
Cactus nodded. "Then, everyone will know. Your the one who risked having eggs with him".
She clenched her eyes close, flicking her venomous tail dangerously close to the egg. "I can't take this! I can't take care of a dragonet, especially his dragonet!".
"Nonsense! Go outside and take a break, I'll watch the egg"Cactus hissed. "You need to calm down".
She nodded. "I-I'm going. Let me know if it hatches!".
Cactus looked down at the egg as she slipped through the doorway. "Your mother is crazy sometimes".
She glanced at the door one last time. "Oh! What am I thinking? She can't take care of this dragonet!".
She grabbed the egg, glancing at the blackened part. "I'm sorry,Desert Flower. But I know you can't take care of this dragonet".
Without a second glance, she took off flying, leaving a unknowing Desert Flower to return to find her egg gone.