Chapter Sixteen

Of course,of all places, they had to land in shallow end of the ocean. It was a bit away from the shore of a abandoned island.
Blacksand landed on Koi. He quickly rolled over and she slipped into the cold water. She flared her wings. "Help! I'm not good at swimming!".
Hourglass's head popped out of the water. "It's the shallow end, Squid-brain!".
Blacksand stood up and realized her talons could touch the sand beneath. "Oh! What are you doing here? Where's Arena?!".
"Right here". Arena popped up behind her.
Hourglass scowled. "It looks like someone teleported us to The Kingdom Of The Sea".
Koi paddled over to them. "It's not my fault. She was going to make me kill Sunny and Blacksand! Let's just get to the island".
They paddled for a while and reached the island when the sun started to set.
"What are we going to do?".
They all looked at each other. Hourglass cleared her throat. "Let's stay the night here. We can see if it's safe to go back to school tomorrow".
Blacksand shook her head. "I don't go to school at Jade Mountain Academy! How many times do I need to say that?".
Arena giggled. "Well, it's either school or going off with a psycho Queen".
Blacksand wrinkled her nose. "School, definitely school".
Arena's head shot up. "What about my friends?".
Blacksand looked around. "What friends? At Jade Mountain?".
Arena nodded. "I'll miss my clawmates! Can you bring them here, Koi?".
"I CAN'T BRING THE WHOLE FREAKING SCHOOL!".
The small group of dragons bust out laughing.
Koi sighed. "Why did I have to end up with a group of all girls?".
Arena snorted. "Or you could be Desert Flower's prisoner".
Koi rolled his eyes. "Good point. Let's find some sort of shelter".
The girls just sat down. "Find? You can just make it!".
Koi looked down at his talons. "Oh yeah! Um, tree turn into a hut?".
Slowly, the giant oak tree on his left became a small hut.
"Oo! Isn't that what the RainWings live in? And the NightWings?" Hourglass turned to Blacksand.
Blacksand winced. "I don't live with the NightWings...".
"Oh!".
Arena put her face in her talons. "That makes me miss my mother! Stupid Peacemaker, taking up her time...".
Koi just looked at them. "So, I just wasted my magic to build a hut and everyone's just going to stand and talk?".
"Oh, Sorry!".
They rushed in the small doorless hut. "Er, it's kinda small...".
Koi shot her a glare. "But it's nice" Blacksand quickly added.
"Thank you! Can we now-" Koi started.
"FIREFLY!" Arena screamed.
"Arena! What about Firefly?!" Blacksand asked.
"She's a hybrid!". Blacksand glanced at Koi.
"Fine! I'll bring her here! Bring Firefly to the hut".
Suddenly, Firefly appeared. She let out a scream and backed away.
Arena sprang forward. "What's wrong?!".
Firefly curled up, covering her face with her talons. "My mother...she had to....".
Blacksand widened her eyes. "Another attempted murder?".
"No.....She gave me the berries...She said that a law had passed in the Kingdom Of Sand it was getting passed in the other kingdoms....She said she would rather me die quickly then out there.....alone".
"Berries?".
Firefly looked up. "Poisonberries. The only fruit in the rainforest that can kill a dragon".
Arena widened her eyes. "Queen Glory wouldn't do that! If she did, I'll go to the rainforest and beat her myself!".
Firefly shook her head. "It's all over".
Blacksand narrowed her eyes. "What's over?".
"All hybrids have been kicked out of the tribes".