Chapter Eight

Blacksand was quickly rushed down the hall with Arena and Firefly.
"We have history first!" Arena explained. "Webs is a pretty good teacher, you'll like him".
"Guys, I don't go to school here!"Her calls were drowned out by them explaining their classes.
They stumbled into the classroom. It was a small group just Firefly, Arena, Crimson and one SkyWing and SeaWing.
Webs flicked his tail. "You were almost late! And who is this? There is only one SandWing per Winglet".
"She's just staying for a few days! While Sunny's deciding if she going to be Queen".
Webs tilted his head. "Queen? Sunny? Just take your seats".
Arena led Blacksand to the back of the room. "No fair!" Firefly cried. "I wanted to sit by her!".
Webs gave them a glare and they settled down. "Today, we are learning about how the tribes were formed after the Scorching".
The class shot looks at each other. "Yay....."
They were halfway through the lesson, when Sunny poked her head in. "Can I see the SandWing dragonet? Blacksand?".
Webs turned to her. "The new student?".
Sunny out her face in her talons. "She's not supposed to be in classes".
Blacksand got up and walked to the door, aware of Arena trailing behind her. Firefly quickly scrambled up.
Webs narrowed his eyes. "Sit down!".
Sunny rolled her eyes. "It's fine...".
They walked down the hall near the main entrance. "I have to talk to you about being Queen....".
Blacksand widened her eyes. "Your going to?!".
Arena jumped up. "My teacher as my Queen, weird but cool!".
Firefly checked her talons. "Yay? I already have enough royalty in my life".
Arena smacked her with her wing. "No one asked for your opinion!".
Suddenly, three blue dragons crash landed into the cave.
Sunny sat up, startled. "Who are you?!".
The biggest dragon, a SeaWing male sat up. "Tsunami, you better get up before your friend starts attacking us".
Sunny widened her eyes. "Tsunami? Riptide? I haven't seen you in six years!".
Tsunami sat up and rushed to the golden dragon's side. "Sunny!".
The last dragon, a dragonet, looked around. "Do I really have to go here, Mom?".
Sunny jumped up. "Oh! You had a dragonet!".
Tsunami nodded. "Where are the others? We can all talk now!".
"CLAY! STARFLIGHT! GLORY! FATESPEAKER! PERIL! DEATHBRINGER!".
"Wow, all of them are here?" Riptide asked. Clay and Peril were the first to appear. Their mouths hung open. "No way!".
Tsunami grabbed Clay and Sunny in a hug but just nodded at Peril.
"Tsunami! How are you?"Clay cried. "Riptide? Is that your dragonet?".
Tsunami nodded. "This is Hourglass".
Hourglass lifted her chin."Princess Hourglass".
"I see she got your personality". They all turned to see Glory. "Nice to see you, Tsunami!".
Finally, everyone showed up and Tsunami hugged all of them.
"So, have you all had dragonets?" Tsunami asked.
Glory nodded. "This is Firefly".
Tsunami looked at her. "A NightWing- RainWing hybrid". Her gaze flickered to the dragonets father. "Deathbringer".
Glory blocked her path. "No thanks! I want him to live".
Clay cleared his throat. "This is Crimson". The Brown-orange dragonet stepped forward.
"Aw! He got your eyes, Clay! And Peril's....red scales?".
Peril snorted. "We're just glad he didn't get Firescales".
Truthspeaker jumped forward. She was only one, not old enough to go to school. "I'm Truthspeaker!".
Tsunami looked down at her and smiled. "She's very beautiful, Starflight". She turned to the blind dragon.
He smiled sadly. "I know". Fatespeaker rapped her wing around him.
Tsunami turned to Sunny and looked at Arena and Blacksand. "Wow, Sunny! Two dragonets?".
Arena shook her head. "As if! I'm the daughter of Qibli and Moonwatcher! But it would be cool to be the daughter of a Queen".
Tsunami looked at Sunny. "A Queen? Why aren't any thrones falling into my lap?".
Sunny sighed. "I'm a not a Queen yet...My mother died this morning".
Tsunami widened her eyes. "Oh,Sunny. I'm so sorry".
Sunny shook her head. "Your not here to mope around. Why are you here?". The group of friends nodded.
Blacksand cleared her throat. "Sorry to interrupt but I still need a answer".
Tsunami didn't even look at her. "I need to get Hourglass out of the kingdom. Some thing kinda happened with my animus brother. He may or may not be the next Darkstalker".
Arena widened her eyes. "Turtle?".
"No, Koi". Riptide said, rolling his eyes. "But it's not that bad....yet. He's having trouble controlling his powers".
Sunny bit her lip. "I'm sorry but I need to talk to these dragonets about...Queenly stuff".
Suddenly, there was a sudden breeze as two more SandWings swooped in.
Tsunami took a step back. "Three moons, more dragons?!".
The first SandWing stood up, flaring his wings to cover the dragon behind him. Blacksand quickly recognized the earring and snout scar, it was Qibli.
Arena jumped up. "Dad!". She rapped her wings around him. He narrowed his eyes and pushed her off. "Not the time".
She blinked up at him and sighed, returning to Blacksand's side.
Blacksand looked up at him. "Sorry it's taking so long. Sunny is still deciding what to do".
Qibli cleared his throat, folding in his wings to reveal the golden dragon behind him. "There is no need. Meet the new Queen of the SandWings, Queen Desert Flower".

A/N: Oof, this is definitely part of Qibli's mental breakdown XD