Chapter Twelve

None out of all thirty-two of Coral's sons had ever really had a relationship with her. Turtle was really the only one, but even he didn't get as much attention as the princesses. But never, never in a million years, had Koi guessed she would literally try to kill one of them.
We was aware of falling, the air rushing past his wings as his breath came out in gasps. Then, he hit something. He prepared to feel pain, but instead there was more falling.

Suddenly, he felt the talons of a adult dragon rap around him and dragged him to small cliff on the outcrop of the mountain.
His breath was now barely coming at all. He looked helplessly at the talons of the dragon who had saved him. Sandy scales, a SandWing...
A second dragon swatted the first away. "Is he okay? Three moons, he has a gag on!". It was a young female SandWing. She quickly undid the knots on the gag, it slipped off.
Koi took a deep breath. He glanced at the dragons around him. Three females, one male.
All SandWings.
The young female, still a dragonet, stepped forward. "Three moons! Are you okay?! We were you just falling like that?!".
Koi was to shaken to speak. "My mother! Where did she go?!".
The male reached forward and dragged him back. "Whoa! Stay calm, we're trying to help you".
Koi took a deep breath. "I'm Prince Koi of the SeaWings. I need to get back to my mother".
The dragonet widened her eyes. "Are you crazy?! We literally just saw her push you out of the sky! She flew off with those two other SeaWings".
The other tiny female stepped forward. "He looks fine. Maybe we should just let him go".
The oldest female shook her head. "Queen Coral is his mother. She might give good treasure to get him back". She turned to Koi. "Hello, SeaWing. I'm Queen Desert Flower. This is Qibli, Sunny and.....Blacksand?".
Blacksand nodded. "Right, that's my name".
Koi looked at the group of dragons in horror. "I promise she wouldn't give anything for me! She banished me, you saw with your own eyes! She knocked me out of sky!".
The SandWing Queen looked at him. "Good point. But why would she is what I'm asking. There must something terribly wrong with you".
Koi looked down at his talons. Should he tell his newly discovered secret? "Uh.....I'm a animus...".
Blacksand nodded. "Are you sure? Some dragonets lie-".
"Pebble, go to Blacksand's talons".
The pebble immediately shot across and landed in her talons. She looked down in amazement. "Cool!".
Desert Flower stood up excitedly. "A animus Royal SeaWing! We scored big this time! Just to think of it, all of the improvements to the palace we could make".
Sunny blinked at her. "Do you mean....?".
The Queen jumped up. "Yes! Prince Koi is now our prisoner!".

WELL, SUNNY! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE TOO LONG TO DECIDE! SOME CRAZY LADY TAKES OVER!!!