Chapter Twenty-Two

Firefly let out a scream of agony and crippled to the ground.
Arena widened her eyes and rushed to her side, twinning her tail with hers. "Firefly! Are you okay?! Please be okay, please be okay! Firefly...?".
Glory looked down at her daughter and buried her face in Deathbringer's neck. He blinked and looked away.
Blacksand let out a snarl. "Why are you doing this? SHES YOUR DAUGHTER!".
Koi rushed to Firefly's side. Her wings, the only place she could change color, were pale white with splatters of green. The colors of pain and panic.
Deathbringer growled. "A-all are hybrids are d-dangerous! We need to get rid of them...".
Desert Flower nodded. "Good job, Glory. One down, two to go".
Glory's gaze flickered to Arena and Blacksand. "W-what....?".
"Remember our deal. I need the three of them dead!".
Firefly lifted her head. "What deal? Your killing me for a stupid deal?!".
Glory closed her eyes and nodded. "I'm so sorry, Arena....".
Before she could let out her venom, Arena shot forward and pinned her down. She coiled her venomous tail by Glory's throat. "If you ever touch Firefly or one of my friends again, I won't hesitate to kill".
Deathbringer stepped forward and easily knocked Arena off Glory. "Get off!".
Blacksand nudged Koi. "Koi! Use your powers!".
Koi shook his head. "I can't....".
Deathbringer pinned Arena down, his talons pricking her neck. "What are going to do now?".
Arena looked helplessly at Koi. "Koi....".
Koi turned to Deathbringer and Glory. "I'm sorry...".
Firefly's head shot. "Don't hurt them!".
"They tried to kill you!".
Deathbringer looked up, confused. "What are you doing?".
"Take them back to the rainforest".
Suddenly, Glory and Deathbringer disappeared. Desert Flower stumbled back. " What did you do with them?!".
Koi bared his teeth. "Their back at the rainforest. And your going back-".
Arena shout forward. "Who cares about her! Help Firefly!".
Koi nodded and turned to Firefly. "Heal this dragon".
Firefly opened her eyes. "Koi? Uh, what happened? Am I healed?".
Arena squealed. "Yes! Your healed!".
Desert Flower scowled. "This is going to be harder then I thought". She flicked her talons at the five SandWing guards beside her. "Get him".