Chapter One

(A quick note; when Blacksand refers to "mother" she's talking about Cactus. Remember, Cactus stole her when she was a egg, so she thinks Cactus is her real mother and has no clue about Desert Flower)

Everything was silent. As she turned around, she only saw darkness. Suddenly, a blinding light flashed. She spun to her right, trying to figure out where the light was coming from. Suddenly, her head hit something. She realized it was a branch. She was in some sort of forest.

She had never been outside the Kingdom Of Sand but she had heard of the other kingdoms. This must be the Sky Kingdom.

The light flashed again and this time she followed it for a few steps. As it stopped again, she reached out her talons to feel around her. Dirt, leaves, more dirt. Suddenly she stopped, she felt something hard and rough. Like scales....but what kind of dragon lays down in the middle of a dark forest?

As the light flashed again, she looked down. It was a SeaWing, his green scales standing out against the bright light.

She gasped as he slowly turned his head towards her. His mouth was cover in dried blood and some still dripping down to the forest floor. He was trying to flash something to her on his scales.

"I'm sorry! I can't read your scales!"She cried. He flashed one more time and she saw something glint in the corner of her eye. She looked down and gasped, it was a spear. The dagger side was dripping crimson colored drops. She quickly threw it down.

"Who did this?"She whispered, turning to the wounded SeaWing. To her horror, he had stopped breathing. "No,no,no! Wake up!". She grabbed her shoulders and shook him.

She turned him over. His eyes were wide open, glazed in pain. He kept opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something.

"As the time draws near, allies will become distant and borders will be forgotten.
Seek help in the one who is not who he seems, hiding in plain sight.
For as the battle begins, the fallen kingdom must rise".