Chapter Twenty-Five

Desert Flower landed a few paces away and snarled. "Long time, no see".
Blacksand rolled her eyes. "Three moons, we thought you had finally given up! Or better off, dead".
Koi glanced down at his talons. "Desert Flower, we don't want to fight you. I'm a animus and that wouldn't be fair. We are giving you a chance to get out of here. Get out of here and never come back or stay here and die".
Hourglass gave him a confused look. "But what you did you did the Kingdom Of The Sea....You can't use-".
Koi bared his teeth and looked at Blacksand. "Ssh!".
"Koi? You can't use what?".
Koi glared at her. "Nothing! Everything is fine!".
Desert Flower took a step closer. "Where are your other little friends?".
Blacksand snarled. "I'm not telling you! You will hurt just because their hybrids! Well, guess what! Today, all this stops!".
Desert Flower just blinked at her. "Oh, dear! You wouldn't hurt your own mother, would you? I thought Cactus would raise you better then that".
Blacksand widened her eyes. "Y-your my m-mother...?".
Desert Flower sighed. "Seven years ago, it was a beautiful night. I walking around when a Sandstorm started. I couldn't find any shelter, I thought I was going to die!".
"That wouldn't of been so bad" Koi muttered under his breath.
"So, I just decided to lay there. I woke up hours later, to water being splashed over me. I was surprised to see it was a NightWing. He gave me water and told me how he had recused me. I instantly liked him, and he liked me". She turned back to Blacksand. "His name was Silentseer".
Blacksand blinked. "Wow...you are really my mother".
Desert Flower nodded, her evil smile slowly returning. "So, now you know, I won't hurt you. I promise you'll be safe if you join me. Imagine it, mother and daughter taking out the hybrids together!". She smiled again. "So, what is your answer?".
She looked at Koi and Blacksand. Hourglass just blinked and looked down. Koi gave her a sad look, as if he expected her to betray them.
She's my mother....if I join her I'll be safe!
But what about Arena? And Firefly? And Sunny? And all the other hybrids?
Blacksand blinked up at her mother. "Yes. I expect your offer".
Her mother's eyes lit up. "I knew you would!".
Hourglass let a gasp and took a step back. "You....Why was I even your friend?!".
Blacksand blinked. "Koi, get Desert Flower while she's distracted".
Koi looked at her. "I'm sorry. I can't...".
"I know you promised not to hurt anyone but if you don't kill her, she's going to kill everyone".
"No,no. It's not that....".
Blacksand narrowed her eyes. "Then what is it?!".
Koi looked down. "I lost my powers...".