Chapter Three

(This is left off from chapter one, she's waking up from her dream)
Blacksand jumped up and looked around. It was the fourth time she had that dream. She looked around her bedroom. It was the still the same. Her bed, her desk, her shelf of row after roll of scrolls, even the dusty brown walls.
Her eyes adjusted to the light as her mother came to the doorway. "What are you doing?".
Blacksand blinked away her dream. "I had a bad dream".
Her mother snorted. "Your old enough to know dreams aren't real. Now, get ready. I'm having someone and I don't need them seeing you. You're going to the market for me".
Blacksand sighed. "Why can't I stay?".
"I don't want everyone gossiping about my hybrid daughter" Her mother said, flicking her talons at her. "Now go get ready".
Blacksand nodded and slipped off her bed. She quickly folded the blanket over it and slipped in her golden earring, the only thing her mother had ever given her.
She stepped out into the hallway just as her mother's guest barged in. He was a big brown SandWing with a line of black going down his spine. He spun around to face her. "Where is Cactus?".
"She will be out in a minute. Who are you?".
The male SandWing flicked his tail. "I'm Whirlwind. I'm here to see your mother. Your awfully dark for a SandWing".
Blacksand folded her wings in before he could question them too. "Why do you need to see my mother?".
"Blacksand! No more questions!"her mother hissed, slipping in behind her. "I told you to go to the market! I need some cactus milk". She roughly grabbed her wrist and gave her a few coins. "Now, get out of my sight!".
Blacksand nodded. "See you later". She nodded to Whirlwind. "Nice to meet you, sir".
Cactus pushed her out the door with her tail. "Don't come home for at least a hour!".
Blacksand sighed and stepped out into the busy street. Every morning, vendors crowded the sides of the streets, trying to sell stuff. Today, it looked most were selling bracelets.
She kept walking in til she reached the vendor she was looking for. A small gang of dragonets hovered nearby, nosing a pair of mice. A large female SandWing came and yelled at them. They quickly jumped and scattered.
Blacksand turned to the counter of the booth. The male SandWing who owned it was glaring grumpily at a scroll. Blacksand grabbed a small jug of the milk and checked her coins to see how much she needed.
Suddenly, a young dragonet rushed by. She twisted to avoid him by he hit her and went flying across the street. She landed heavily on her back talons and the jug fell, shattering into a thousand pieces.
She glanced down at her talons, cursing herself. She glanced up as there was a sudden uproar up the street. She took a few steps forward to see what was happening.
She saw the dragonet who had run into her, he was laying in a twisted in pile on the ground. A large SandWing she recognized as one of the Outclaws, stood over him.
A second Outclaw stood a few paces away. "What's wrong with him?".
The first shook his head. "Just fell down on the ground. Maybe some mild heat exhaustion".
The dragonet suddenly stirred and jumped up, breathing hard.
"Whoa! Stay still, we're going to get your help".
The dragonet shook his head. "Can't stop.....Palace! SandWings...attacked!.....Help".
The first Outclaw turned to the second. "Report back to Queen Thorn, I'll take care of him".
A third SandWing crash landed next to the second, blocking his way. "Wait!".
The first rolled his eyes. "What now, Qibli? I have to get this dragonet to the healers and report back to Queen Thorn".
Qibli widened his eyes. "But didn't you hear?! The palace was attacked, Queen Thorn is dead".

A/N: Dun Dun Dun!!!!!
I might do one more chapter today or one tomorrow (Just to leave you on edge ;) )