Chapter Six

"What do you mean you can't be Queen?" Blacksand cried.
Sunny shook her head. "I just can't! I have a school to run....especially with Tsunami off in The Kingdom Of The Sea.....".
The group of friends shot wary glances at each other. Glory was the first to speak. "Sunny, Clay, Starflight, Fatespeaker and Peril could handle the school. This dragonet is right, you are the rightful heir to the throne. Who else could take your place? Plus, having a friend who's another Queen would be awesome".
Deathbringer nodded. "We would miss you here,but if me and Glory can leave Firefly here, I think you can go to The Kingdom Of Sand".
Another SandWing dragonet trotted into the cave. "Hey Starflight! Do you have a scroll about- Oh! What's happening in here?".
Firefly puffed out her chest. "Royal business!".
I can see who she got that attitude from.
The SandWing snorted. "In the middle of a school library?".
Starflight cleared his throat. "Don't be rude, you two! Arena, we are a bit busy right now, could you come back later?".
Arena flicked her tail. "Oo, drama! Can I please stay? I'll be quiet!".
Fatespeaker sighed. "What's the harm of one more? Half of the school is in here already!".
Blacksand turned back to Sunny. "I need a answer! The SandWings can't be left without a Queen!".
"Without a Queen? We have Queen Thorn! Wait, did something happen....?"Arena asked.
Blacksand dipped her head. "I'm sorry to say but the palace was attacked this morning.....Queen Thorn didn't make it".
"What?!" The dragonet flared her wings, sending a few nearby scrolls tumbling to the floor. Starflight muttered something under his breath.
Sunny nodded. "I need a few days to think about this....In the mean time, please stay here".
"But I-" But the group was already breaking up. Starflight and Fatespeaker turned back to their dragonet. Peril and Clay helped Sunny to one corner and were trying to comfort her. Arena was still in standing there in shock. "How? She was such a strong Queen!".
Blacksand turned to her. "I know, who would want to challenge her? Where were her guards?".
Arena rapped her wings around herself. "Was anyone else hurt?! My father is one of the her close guards!".
Blacksand shook her head. "Qibli?".
She nodded. "He's been in The Kingdom Of Sand for a month now. Are you sure he wasn't hurt?".
"I'm sure. He was the one who delivered the message".
Deathbringer, who had stayed to listen to the dragonets conversation, frowned. "I bet he's gone half mad over her death".
Arena swatted him away. "This is a SandWing discussion!".
He snorted. "Okay, okay. You know, you and Firefly could be best friends".
"Oh please, I'm nothing like that spoiled princess!".
Firefly's head shot up from across the library. "Hey!".
"Oh!" Arena cried. "It's time for classes! Come on, What's your name again?".
"It's Blacksand and I don't go to school here".
"Well, Blacksand. Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy!".