Chapter Five

The first Outclaw looked at the second then back to Qibli. "S-she's dead.....?".
Qibli sadly looked down and nodded.
The street quickly went up into a uproar.
"SHES DEAD?!?!".
"Who killed her?!".
"Who's going to be Queen?".
"WHERES THE ARMY?! WE NEED THE ARMY!!!".
"Someone needs to get Princess Sunny!".
The first Outclaw looked around. "Quiet! We are figuring out how to deal with this!" He turned to Blacksand. "You, I need you to go to Jade Mountain Academy and get Sunny".
Blacksand nodded, quickly forgetting about her mother and the cactus milk. Our Queen is dead...Will Sunny take over...?
                          •            •            •
She crash landed in the entrance of Jade Mountain Academy. She realized this early in the morning, most students would be asleep. She looked around, the main entrance melted into two hallways. She chose the left and the first room she came to had a large doorway. She peeked inside and realized it was the library.
Inside, a black dragon she recognized as Starflight was sitting behind a desk with a small black dragonet besides him. Behind him, a third NightWing, Blacksand thought it must be his mate, Fatespeaker.
"What does that say, Truthspeaker?" Fatespeaker asked the tiny dragonet, they must of been teaching her to read.
Her gaze shifted to a dark purple dragonet. Blacksand quickly recognized her as the Queen's daughter. It was Firefly, Queen Glory and Deathbringer's dragonet.
The last two dragons in the library, were two MudWings. One was Clay and the other was a tiny orange-brown dragonet sitting besides him. It must of been Crimson, Clay and Peril's dragonet.
Clay was the first to notice her in the doorway. "Who are you?". Crimson jumped behind him.
Starflight's head snapped up. "Who? What's happening?".
Fatespeaker put her wing on his shoulder. "Just a SandWing dragonet".
"Uh, hi....My name is Blacksand".
Clay tilted his head. "What do you need? We haven't accepted anymore dragons into the school".
"No, I'm not here for school. I have a message for Princess Sunny"She said. "It's urgent".
Fatespeaker nodded. "That's weird, no one ever calls her princess around her. I'll go-".
"I'm here". Blacksand spun around to see the small gold dragon. Besides her stood a RainWing, Queen Glory.
Firefly jumped up and ran into her mother's arms. "Mother!".
Glory put her wing around her. "Settle down now".
Sunny cleared her throat. "What is the message?".
Blacksand blinked. "It's hard to say.....the palace was attacked this morning".
Sunny flared her wings. "Oh! Is everyone okay?! What happened?".
"Yes, everyone's fine. Except for one.....I'm sorry to say, Sunny but Queen Thorn....". Sunny leaned forward while Glory looked away. "....Your mother died".
Sunny let out a gasp. "But......She can't! She had a palace, guards, a whole army! She can't be....".
"Oh, Sunny" Clay came forward and put his wing around her. Fatespeaker guided Starflight to her side.
A red SkyWing poked her head in. "Is there a party going on in here?".
She noticed the crying Sunny and backed up. "Oh no, Sunny! Are you okay?".
"My mother is dead!"She cried. "She was the only family I had left!". Sadly, Sunny's father, Stonemover, had died eariler that year.
"Oh Sunny, thats not true! You have us" Clay said.
Blacksand cleared her throat and everyone turned to her. "I'm sorry to bring such dreadful news but......The SandWings need a Queen. You are the are rightful heir".
Another NightWing pokes his head in. "Another new student? Well, hello there SandWing! I'm Deathbringer, the world's best assassin".
"Not the time, Deathbringer" Glory growled.
Deathbringer tilted his head to Sunny. "Oh! What happened?".
Firefly looked up at her father. "Queen Thorn died".
Sunny looked at Blacksand. "Do you mean I need to come back with you?".
Blacksand nodded. "I'm sorry....".
Sunny blinked at her. "I'm sorry....but I can't be Queen of the SandWings".