Chapter Nine

(Let's just ignore the fact Tsunami attacked her brother XD)

Koi woke up with a start. The ground was hard and cold under his talons. He stood up and looked around. He was in one of the palace's guest rooms.
This one was dark with light sweeping through only one window. He scooted forward, reaching and grabbing the door handle. It was locked.
Great, just great! My family locked me in a dark room just because I'm a animus....wait...
"Doors, open".
The doors remained shut. Koi growled, he should of known Turtle or Anemone would be smart enough to cast a spell on the room.
If my power is so strong can it break a spell cast by another animus? He glanced at the doors nervously. Only one way to find out...
"Lift any spells that keep me in here".
The doors flew open, startling Hourglass as she hurried by. "Koi! Uh, did you sleep well?".
Koi quickly grabbed her and dashed into the room, closing the doors. She squealed. "What are you doing?".
"Calm down! I'm not going to hurt you!".
She squirmed out of his reach. "Well you hurt Anemone! And Turtle! And now Auklet has a bad headache!".
Koi ducked his head. "What did Turtle say about me?!".
She looked down at the floor. "You aren't safe to be around anymore because your powers are too strong and you can't control them".
Koi snorted. "Since when was he a know-it-all?".
The sound of talons echoed the halls outside. "Hourglass! Where are you?!". It was Tsunami.
"Why is she looking for you?".
"She wants to send me away to that school...Jade Mountain Academy".
Koi widened his eyes. "Because of me? Does everyone think I've gone crazy?".
She nodded. "Queen Coral's having a meeting to see what to do with you".
Koi sighed. "You should go. If I do go crazy-".
Hourglass let out a cry. "Stop that! You won't go crazy!".
The talons in the hall stopped. "Hourglass?". Within a second, the door started to swing open.
Koi ducked down, making it look like was was still knocked out.
"Hourglass! Get away from there! You know your not supposed to be in here!" Tsunami roared.
"I'm sorry, Mom! I wanted to say goodbye".
She snorted. "If there's anyone to say goodbye too".
Hourglass tilted her head. "What do you mean?".
Tsunami let out a sigh and looked into her daughter's eyes. "Queen Coral decided what to do with him".
Koi felt himself leaning forward, holding his breath.
"He's being banished at dawn".