Chapter Two

(So basically Koi is one of Queen Coral's sons. Tsunami's partner is Riptide, so he's Koi's brother-in-law and Hourglass, their daughter is his niece)

Koi watched as the other SeaWing dragonets rushed past, babbling excitedly about the test. The test, the test all the royal SeaWings took at the age of six.
He glanced up at the small balcony overviewing the main courtyard. His mother stood there with his sisters, Princess Anemone and Princess Auklet, and his brother, Prince Turtle.
He sighed and slipped into courtyard. His brother-in-law,Riptide,stood there, handing a coconut to his daughter,Princess Hourglass.
Tsunami stood besides him, glaring at the round fruit in front of her. "I don't get it! I would of known if I was a animus by now".
Riptide shrugged. "Your mother still wants you to take it. It runs in royal blood".
Hourglass looked up at her mother and father proudly. "I'm going to be a animus like Aunt Anemone and Uncle Turtle!".
Riptide smiled, turning to Koi. "Hey! Koi, right? Welcome to the animus test!".
Koi nodded. "Yes, it's Koi, and uh, thanks".
He quickly grabbed the coconut and slipped on the other side of Tsunami.
Are you excited? Hourglass flashed in Aquatic.
No, not really. There's nothing special about me he flashed back.
Hourglass lifted her chin boldly. I'm going to be a animus! It will be so cool! Hey, maybe if your good, I'll enchant something for you.
Tsunami flared her wings,annoyed. "You guys know I'm not good with Aquatic! Can you please just talk out loud!".
Hourglass snorted. "Can we please start now?".
Riptide nodded. "But first, Queen Coral has something to say".
The Queen spread her wings and jumped down into the small clearing. "As you all know, animus runs in royal blood. So, when a dragonet turns the age of six, we give them a test. The test is fairly simple, just asking your coconut to do a command Riptide will ask you to do. Tsunami, you start".
Riptide turned to her. "Go ahead and ask it come to me".
Tsunami nodded. "Coconut, I command you to go to Riptide".
The small round fruit stayed in place and Riptide turned to Hourglass.
She snorted. "That's probably the only thing that doesn't listen to Tsunami".
Riptide cleared his throat. "Hourglass, ask it to float up into your talons".
The Princess smiled. "Coconut, come to my talons".
The coconut stayed in place, barely moving a inch.
Hourglass cleared her throat. "Coconut, come now! COME TO MY TALONS, SQUID-BRAIN!".
Riptide patted his daughter's shoulders. "Hourglass, your not a animus. That's fine".
The Princess narrowed her eyes and turned to Koi. "Your turn".
Tsunami looked at him. "Tell it to hit Riptide!".
Riptide shrugged. "Sure, tell it to do that".
Koi let out a laugh. "Coconut, go hit Riptide".
The coconut stayed in place. "Guess I'm not a-".
Suddenly, it shot up and flew towards Riptide. It slapped him repeatedly on his snout. Hourglass shrank back up against Tsunami. "Koi! Make it stop!".
"COCONUT, STOP!" Koi cried. The fruit immediately fell down on the grass, lifeless.
Riptide took a deep breath and turned to Koi. "K-Koi.....your a animus".