Chapter Twenty-Three

Blacksand looked at Koi in horror. "Koi! Do something!".
(I just realized Hourglass is still asleep XD )
One of the guards stepped forward and gulped. "This won't hurt much! Just come here-".
Desert Flower snarled and pushed him forward. "Get him you fool!".
The guard nodded and stepped closer. He threw himself at Koi. Koi clenched his teeth and allowed himself to be pinned. Blacksand stepped back and Arena put her wing around Firefly. They think I'm going to die.....but I will.....if I don't use my magic...
He glanced up at the guard on him. I have to use teeth and claw....remember what Father taught you!
Koi went limp under the SandWing. He leaned forward and growled. "What's wrong with him? He's not fighting back!".
Finally, the guard moved close enough for Koi to rake his talons down his face and through his eye. The guard let out a scream and stumbled off him, holding the side of his face that was now twisted and bleeding. "I can't see!".
Koi gulped and stepped forward. The guard was awfully close to the edge of the island...
Koi quickly gave him a little push and landed in the water with a big splash. Immediately, he started thrashing around, trying to get back to shore.
With all his strength, Koi closed his eyes. "Drown this dragon".
The dragon tried to swim. "Help me! I feel like something is pulling me down!".
Desert Flower blinked, a thoughtful expression on her face. One of the guards stepped forward to help him but Desert Flower waved her tail and he stepped back.
The guard stared at her in horror and stopped struggling. That was all he needed to drown, he soon disappeared from view. Desert Flower turned to her remaining guards. "This is a lesson. You will end like him if you don't kill him".
The guards nodded. One female stepped forward. "I'll do it! I won't let you down Queen Desert Flower".
The Queen clapped her talons together. "Oh, I love hearing my name! Oh! And, yes you better not let me down!".
Koi looked at the spot in shock. I just killed him...I just killed someone...
Three moons! Don't cry! Don't cry!
The tears were all ready down his face. Blacksand stepped forward to comfort him Desert Flower flicked her tail. One guard stepped forward, grabbed Blacksand and slipped a gag over her snout.
He squealed and fought back, but it was no use.   The guard quickly stepped on her tail, keeping her from using it. She looked desperately at Koi, pleading him to help her.
He looked over at Arena and Firefly. Firefly had a look of horror on her face and buried her face in Arena's neck. Arena gave him a "If-you-don't-help-her-I'm-going-to-kill-you" look.
She turned away to comfort Firefly.
Koi sighed and shook his head. I can't kill another dragon...I'm not a monster.....but their the monsters! I would be a hero if I saved them...
Can't I cast spells in my mind? It's worth a try...
He looked at the tree towering above them. Tree, fall on them but get Blacksand out
Immediately, the tree started to lean forward and finally broke free. The guard looked up in horror and dropped Blacksand. She ran to Koi.
He wrapped his wings around her and pulled off the gag. She took a deep breath and smiled. "Thank you....".
They both turned back to the tree and winced. A small pool of blood was starting to flow, staining the sand a dark red. The guard had been crushed underneath...
The female who had volunteered to kill Koi growled and stepped forward. Firefly narrowed her eyes and opened her mouth, shooting venom onto her face. She winced but clenched her teeth and took another step forward. "Ha! You think you lazy RainWings can hurt-". She screamed as the venom took affect. Her skin was burning, smoke rising from one side of her face. Soon, her scales were rubbed raw, turning pink from burns.
She yelped and fell down on the sand. She curled up in a ball, wings covering her head. Desert Flower stepped forward, snarling. "You fool! Getting beaten by a RainWing!". She raised her tail above the guard's face and bought it down. There was barely a reaction as the guard blinked up at her. "I-I'm sorry I f-failed y...you".
Desert Flower turned away as the guard closed her eyes for the last time. "Who's next?! You are all going to end like this if you can't kill a couple dragonets!".
The two remaining guards cowered back. "We don't have enough soldiers and guards".
Desert Flower looked back Koi and Blacksand. "Your right! I need you to bring a message back to the Kingdom Of Sand".
The guard nodded. "What should I tell them?".
Desert Flower turned back him, eyes glinting. "Tell then....tell them to prepare for war".