Chapter Twelve.

•Alex's POV•

I bet y'all are mad at me, huh?

There's no good excuse I can give to explain why I've hurt John.. I don't even know why I did it.

I love him, more than anything, I really do but, I don't love him romantically.. I don't know why I lied to him or why I force him to stay in this relationship.

I pace around in the hospital's waiting room, I've been here for about two hours. I wanna see John but what am I supposed to say?

Oh, hey! Everything I said really was a joke and I never loved you romantically!

No.. that's too harsh. He's in too much pain right now, I don't wanna make it worse.

Finally, I walk towards John's room slowly. My legs feel heavy as I stand in the doorway.

“Johnny..?” I asked softly, to see if he was awake. John lifts his head up and smiles. “Hi Lexi..”

I love his little smile..

“I-I'm sorry.. for everything.” I whispered. “and I'm sorry for leading you on.. I love you just.. not in a romantic way..” I say, regretful.

“I-I know..” John whispered softly. I tear up and gently hold his hand. “You don't deserve me. You deserve someone who treats you way better, like Thomas.”

John just looks at me and doesn't say anything. Instead he just takes of the promise ring I have him, when we started dating and gives it to me.

“Give this to someone you actually love, like Eliza..” He whispered, yawning softly.

I hesitantly take the ring and kiss his forehead. “I'm sorry. I hope we can stay friends.. but if not, that's okay. I'll leave you alone now, so you can rest.” I say, softly.

He falls asleep within a few minutes so I leave. As I walk out of the hospital, Thomas walks in, with roses and a teddy bear in his hands. He must really love that freckled boy..

I look down at the promise ring and sighed. I don't wanna give this to Eliza. I want John to have it.. I turn to follow Thomas and give the ring to him. “Give this to John for me, please.”

Thomas studies the ring for a few seconds but then nods. “Okay.” I smiled, then left the hospital, heading to Eliza's house.

Thomas's POV•

I place the ring, teddy bear and flowers down on the little hospital tray that hovers on John's bed.

I watch as his chest slowly rises then falls back down as he breathes. He's so calm, which is surprising since he has another leg surgery tomorrow.

I watch his heart monitor had the line spikes then drops, and beeps. I've always hated that sound. Especially the long agonizing beep when Someone's heart stops.

I pray to God I never hear that sound in this room.

John stirred a little and whines softly. “Mm.. thommy..?”

I stand up and walk toward him, holding his hand. “Im right here, peaches.” John smiled weakly and yawns again, trying to sit up. “They said they'll remove the eating tube if you promise to eat normally again..”

John hugs himself. “I don't like eating..” I sign and hold his hand tighter. “I know but, I want you to be healthy, so would you please do it? For me?”

John looks into my pleading eyes and eventually gives in. “Okay.. but only for you.”

I smiled and kissed his gently. “Oh! I almost forgot,” I grabbed the Flowers, Teddy bear and ring. “Here, the flowers and Teddy bear are from me, the ring is from Alexander.”

John hesitantly took the ring and slipped it on but happy took the flowers and Teddy bear.

“Oh yeah, the bear is honey scented by the way."

John inhaled the scent and smiled. “Thank you..”

I kissed his forehead. “You're welcome, angel..”