Chapter Seventeen.

//Hey, babes!! Before I start, please check out Baka_boi 's account and their new story, ‘The Story Of Tonight,’ It's a Hamilton/Tangled crossover! I've read it and it's really, really great so far! (TW: it contains Death, Pregnancy and Kidnapping). mwah!

•John's POV•

I was finally released from the hospital, but in a wheelchair.. I didn't like it much. A lot of people started at me and my amputated leg. I was also a problem for Thomas and it was fair.

He didn't deserve this.. he doesn't have to take care of me, he can leave me. I'll be okay on my own..

I stroll into the kitchen, where Thomas is making deep fried candy bars. (I've had on of those before and they're so good.)

Thomas notices me and smiled, kissing my forehead gently. “Hey, sweetheart, How're you feeling?”

“Not good..”

Thomas stops what he's doing and kneels down to my level, cupping my cheek gently.

“What's wrong, bunny?”

“A lot of things.” I mumbled, leaning into his touch. “I'm sorry for being a burden..”

“John, you're not a burden..”

“I feel like I am.”

“Well, you're not. I don't care that I have to take care of you all that time. It's not your fault you got into a crash. It's not your fault you had to get your leg chopped off. It's not your fault any of this happened, baby..” Thomas whispered, kissing my forehead. He stood up to finish what he was doing.

He placed the deep fried candy bars on a plate and topped it with powered sugar.

We both went back to the living room and he set me on the couch, gave me some pillows and blankets and turned on a movie.

This is new.

Alex never did this with me.

Alex never wanted to cuddle, he only wanted to be undressed. Alex never gave me sweet kisses and praises, he only left marks on my neck and insulted me.

Alex never took no for an answer like Thomas does.

Why didn't I notice this? How did I not see how toxic he was? Why do I still want him?

I love Thomas more than I love Alex but still. Alex's love is like an addiction that I can't quit.. Thomas's love is like the professional help when you have an addiction. But something the help isn't good enough.

Thomas shakes me a bit and I finally faze back into reality.

“Babe? Did you take your meds?”

“Meds..?”

“Your depression medication.” Thomas replied, sighing.

“Oh.. no, not yet.” I mumbled.

“You need too..” Thomas says, grabbing the pill bottle.

“Why? They don't help depression go away.” I simply said, tossing the pill Thomas gave me.

“Neither will zoning out and thinking about Alex.” Thomas says, harshly.

Before I could say anything, Thomas starts heading upstairs.

“If you need me, call me.”

“b-but what about movie night?” I asked. We've been planning ever since I was in the hospital.

Thomas only looked at me for a few minutes before just rolling his eyes and headed upstairs.

I sighed and hugged myself. He never acted like that before..

I tear up, holding back a sob as I bury my face into the pillows. God, I'm so emotional..

(okay but mood?? I cried two time today and it was over something dumb ngh)

I guess Thomas heard me cause he immediately came rushing downstairs. Something Alex never did. He never cared about me or how I was feeling. Thomas holds me close to his chest and for once in my life I feel safe and sound..