Crushes

"Just go talk to him." Said Primrose to Ophelia who was biting her lip as she stole glances at the person she fancied. It was Saturday morning and they were in the dining hall eating breakfast.

She shifted in her seat, "That's easy for you to say, Rosie, but some of us haven't had a guy after them since fifth year." Said Ophelia, she was tapping her foot on the ground.

"Oh she's nervous, soon she will start talking like Shakespeare." Said Sandra, wrinkling her nose and smiling because it was truly rare that Ophelia got like this.

Crushes were no big deal but this was different because he was a Slytherin. He had friends who detested her blood status, and her status as a blood traitor. But he was different.

"Hold thy tongue." Said Ophelia, "Oh, fuck." Her head sank onto the table and her honey coloured hair fell over face.

"Told you." Said Sandra, and Primrose forked over three galleons. "She is always this nervous around-"

"Shhhhhh, What if he hears you and doesn't like me back?" Said Ophelia.

"Then we will kick his ass, Ophelia dearest." Said Primrose, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Ugh I hate this, he just had to show me the tiniest bit of kindness didn't he." Said Ophelia. She didn't really like him that much she just had to get over hi- no no she wasn't going to thing about him.

"You always did love a redeemable villain." Said Sandra.

"Monsters aren't born they are created," began Ophelia and Primrose handed three Galleons to Sandra.

"Can't believe I took the over." Said Primrose and Ophelia stepped on her foot.

At the Slytherin table Tom noticed something peculiar with a certain Hufflepuff that had been talking circles in his mind lately.

She looked nervous. He had never seen her noticeably nervous before. Her cheeks flush and her lips bright pink from biting them so much. She kept looking at the Slytherin table. So the next time her eyes travelled to the table he commanded that they meet his.

Do you have a fever, Marigold?

You wouldn't get it, Riddle.

Why do you keep looking then?

I'm not looking at you.

Tom looked to his left to see Theodore Nott speaking rather passionately about something Toms brain did not process.

Ophelia had a crush. He didn't know how to respond to that. One thing that seemed to comfort him was that she seemed so nervous that she would likely never do anything about it.

"Come on, lets go to Hogsmeade." Said Ophelia to Primrose and Sandra, and the three Hufflepuffs left the table and left the school.