The City Of Angels

Ophelia walked through the small Diner she worked at now. Marjorie was cleaning menus at the counter, and Angela was refilling the salt shakers. It was fifteen minutes until closing and he was still sitting there. Rereading a script with a big stupid smile on his face.

"He's here again, sitting in your section," Whispered Marjorie,

"Marje, you know you musn't assume," Said Ophelia in an American accent,

"It is your job to wait on him, and as manager I am making you go over there." Said Marje and Ophelia rolled her eyes and walked over to where he sat at the table by the window.

She walked to the edge of his table,

"If you say that you want water again I'm going to start taking it personally, English," Said Ophelia as he turned his head to look at her, looking down for a moment before meeting her eyes, "What's got you so excited?"

"This new script, Poppy, it's exceptional, I would be so perfect for it," He said his blue eyes sparkling, and she smiled sweetly at him,

"What is it?" Asked Ophelia, trying to suppress a cringe at being reffered to as Poppy. Going through life with a name as beautiful and poetic as Ophelia then switching to Poppy of all things.

Carl smiled and flipped through the script again, and she saw lines were already highlighted,

"You're really worked up," Said Ophelia, and he looked up at her again and she looked around as though checking to see if anyone was watching and she sat across from him and leaned forward peering over his script, "It's a nice look on you, English," she didn't know what she felt when he blushed, "what's the role?"

"The lead, I have a screen test Monday, and even if I don't get the part I could get a contract. Considered for future roles, they would put me in classes and everything," Said Carl excitedly,

"Oh, I'm so happy for you," Said Ophelia and he continued on a tangeant about the role.

It had been exceptionally easy to get into his good graces, when your family dissapproves all you really need is someone to believe in you.

"And the agent said that I had just the right look for the role, isn't that brilliant?" Asked Carl who was seven years older than Ophelia, a twenty five year old actor. He had never told her but she had read it in his file.

"What, is he handsome?" Asked Ophelia the airy American accent as annoying and evident as ever, and Carl smiled wider and she feigned embarrassment, she covered her face with her hand and even blushed prettily, "I'm sorry that was unprofessional," She muttered, before uncovering her face,

"It's quite alright, it's always nice to hear. You must know that you are quite gorgeous yourself," Said Carl, as she leant on her elbows, her golden eyes wide and her cheeks still tinted pink,

"A woman likes to be told," She said and he grinned at her, "So, Monday, that's the day your life will change?"

"I hope so," Said Carl, and Ophelia smiled a little wider,

"I'll mark it in my callender," Said Ophelia, "You'll remember me won't you? When you're a big star and your name is up in lights." She bit her lip,

"Of course, how could I forget you?" Asked Carl and Ophelia looked down almost bashfully before looking at him again.

"You're something else, you know that English?" She asked before she stood and walked away looking over her shoulder before she reached the counter where Marjorie stood looking at her while she finished the menus, "Shut up, Marje,"

Carl left a more than generous tip and left the diner.

"I wasn't going to say anything," Said Marjorie innocently, as she walked away with the menus in her hands, "You are locking up tonight, I have to get home see the husband,"