Blood traitor

Ophelia wore day clothes in this the first sundress worthy day of the year. She liked the way the fabric fell just below her knees. She was going to Hogsmeade today to replenish her supply of honey squares which was running dangerously low. She pulled on a soft sweater which had buttons up the middle, and left her dorm.

The air was light. She watched the sun filter in through the windows, casting long shadows of light on the floor. Ophelia adored the castle.

She didn't know how she was going to leave it.

In her little fantasies about what her future might bring, she decided she should visit as many castles around the world as she could before deciding which was the prettiest. Find out whether Hogwarts truly was the best. She could take care of herself no matter what. Her parents taught her how.

She wondered what her patronus might be. She didn't think it would be a badger it had to be something that humans could really play with. Ophelia was nothing if not a loveable little shit.

Badgers are fucking terrifying.

She was deep in thought when two sets of hands pulled her into an empty classroom. She stumbled but stayed on her feet as she was roughly manhandled.

"Bloodtraitor." Said the cold voice of Rodolphus Lestrange. "It's been far too long since we've talked."

Ophelia shook a little bit but swallowed her fear and looked at the vacant classroom. "Fuck off."

"Put her in the chair, Malfoy." Said Lestrange and Malfoy pushed her into a chair. A chair that was jinxed, her dress was now stuck to it. She wouldn't be able to get up. "I don't know if you know this, blood traitor, but you are a greater threat to the wizarding world than any muggle."

Ophelia stayed quiet but she knew the speech well. But she didn't have her wand. She knew she couldn't take both of them at once. She knew nothing her parents had trained her for could prepare her for this.

"We've been told to practice a certain unforgivable. Can you guess who we chose?" Asked Malfoy.

"Who the fuck asked you to practice an unforgivable?" She said incredulously.

"Such a dirty mouth." Said Lestrange, snaking his head of mangy black hair.

"She needs to be taught a lesson." Said Malfoy

"Careful, Marigold, and don't tear that pretty sundress." Said Lestrange, raising his wand and pointing it at her chest. "Crucio."

Pain.

Pain like she had never experienced hit each cell in her body her back arched off the chair and a scream tore through her throat.

She squeezed her eyes shut to prevent tears from spilling over.

It felt like hours before Lestrange lifted the curse, and Malfoy raised his wand at her.

"Do it until she cries." Said Lestrange, walking behind her and pulling her head up by her hair, "I want you to watch him torture you. You deserve this."

Her breathing was short and her nerves fried by the time Malfoy lifted the curse. A tear escaped her eye.

"My turn." Said Lestrange, rounding time be in front of her.

"Do it until she faints." Said Malfoy, his voice shaky.

Ophelia gathered around the strength she had left, and shoved Lestrange back wandlessly. He simply walked back over to her and pressed his wand to her throat. Tears fell in anticipation.

The spell was worse this time it shot through her like a bullet from a gun over and over again, until the pain was all she could focus on.

Lestrange kept his wand to her neck, "Remember the name the Knights of Walpurgis, blood traitor, one day we won't need the cruciatus to make you bow to us."

That was the last thing she remembered before allowing the sweet oblivion of unconscious claim her.

Ophelia's body lurched forward and her sweater tore clean down the middle. Her honey coloured hair hung from her head and hit the floor.

Lestrange yanked the chair away and her dress tore down the back as she fell side ways to the floor. And that is exactly how her brother found her.

Alone. Dress torn. Unconscious.

As a big brother there are very few things you are more scared of for your little sister than this.

"Lia? For the love of Merlin, Lia!" He asked, bending and shaking her. Night had fallen at this point and he had no idea how long she had been there. Henry's eyebrows furrowed as he picked her up and ran to the hospital wing, her lying limply in his grasp.

Who would do that to Ophelia? She was literally nice to everyone.

"Madame Wallace! She's been hurt, I just found her like this." He said, and the matron's eyes widened as she usher him over to a bed.

He lay her down delicately, "who did this?" She asked, waving her wand over Ophelia's unconscious body running several diagnostic charms. "Oh dear."

"What what's happened to her?" Asked Henry unable to look at his baby sister right now.

The matron frowned, "She passed out from pain. The cruciatus," she turned Ophelia a little bit to reveal several bruises on her back, and the words blood traitor, in perfect cursive. "I expect all this happened then, can you go fetch the bruise cream?"Henry also noticed a small tattoo on her back, but that one was given to her by Primrose. He was almost comforted by the memory of Ophelia receiving the family mark. The sun tattoo given by your closest friend under different pretenses.

Henry hustled away and grabbed it from its spot at the front of her office. He handed it to her. If anyone could get through this it was Ophelia. She had a support system up the wazoo.

"Can you remove it?" He asked.

"I'm not sure." Replied the matron, easing the poor girl's bruises. "I'll try."