She cried.

Ophelia was back from the break and she was rereading a muggle newspaper over and over again. Her breath was shaky and uneven. Tom was almost worried that she was having some sort of seizure before he noticed her face.

Smudged mascara, red nose, chewed lip.

She had been crying. Primrose was next to her trying to make it all better. He watched as Ophelia decidedly stood up and walked out of the main hall.

True to her word she'd sent him a Christmas present. A journal with his name in gold. He had placed the ribbon he'd kept in it as a book mark. Primrose proceeded to trail after her.

Ophelia was upset, she left the great hall clutching the newspaper in her hands. He had told her that he was going to war. Told her he was shipping out after Christmas. She had just never expected to see his name in the paper this soon. She had just seen him.

Primrose was behind her by the time she reached the secret passage behind the one eyed witch.

They went in and Primrose let Ophelia put her head on her shoulder as She cried.

"He's dead." She said.

"He's in a better place now." Comforted Primrose.

"But I just saw him. He was wearing his uniform and we talked for hours. And we - we, and now he's dead." She said.

"Come on, Ophelia it's going to be okay." Said Primrose.

"I just want the war to be over." She said.