Call me Ophelia

Ophelia was in her apartment listening to music from the gramaphone and reading her copy of Hamlet when suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" She called in her airy American accent, as she adjusted her dress on her body and walked to the door,

"It's me, Poppy," Said Carl at the door, and Ophelia opened the door to see a very excited Carl Spencer-Moon walking into her apartment, they'd been going steady for about a month now, having known each other a grand total of four months.

"My goodness, English, it's the middle of the night. What's got you all worked up?" ASked Ophelia, shutting the door behind her as she watched in a small amount of amazement as her mark paced her living room with the biggest smile on his face, bigger than she'd ever seen.

"I had an epiphany, I was in class and I realized something," He said, and she let out a sound of amazement, or amusement. She honestly was not sure.

"What is it?" She asked and he stopped and placed his hands on her shoulders,

"I should be a writer, write a movie a story that is going to outlive me." Said Carl as she smiled up at him he truly felt as though he could do anything, "I could star in it, you could be my leading lady."

"No, I'm no actor, I get terrible stage fright." Said Ophelia, and he just smiled coyly at her,

"Then be my muse, you inspire me." Said Carl moving to hold her hands and he kissed them, she blushed, "You believe in me,"

"Of course, English, you are the most passionate man I have ever met," Said Ophelia before he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her passionately, "Proving my point aren't you English." He laughed holding her close to him.

"I think I'm in love with you." He whispered and Ophelia didn't want to lie, she raised a hand to his face and kissed him properly,

"Show me just how passionate you are then" She said before he picked her up and carried her to her bedroom,

"Oh, I will," He said as he set her down and unzipped her dress, kissing her anywhere and everywhere, "You have a tattoo."

"I got it when I was sixteen." She said between kisses,

"Suits you. I love it."

All she really wanted to hear was her own name, she was almost tempted to ask him to call her Ophelia.

--

Ophelia looked over her letters from Primrose, it were these that reminded her that she was alive and still Ophelia Marigold at heart. She touched each letter delicately and then proceeded to burn them.

"What are you doing, my love?" Asked Carl, wrapping his arms around her from behind,

"Burning letters." She replied,

"Why is that?" Asked Carl as she leant into him, Grindelwald had gone so far as to allow her father to write her a letter because of her progress with the Spencer-Moon.

"My ex, I wanted to be rid of his ghost." She lied, "I have you now," She turned around and put her hands on his shoulders, "Are you submitting your script today?" She asked rubbing his shoulders softly, reassuringly,

"Yes," He whispered, "I'm nervous,"

"Remember the plan, English,"

"I love it when you talk about the plan." He said, his hands now resting on her waist. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

"Step one get a contract and make friends in the industry." Said Ophelia and he smiled,

"Done." He said almost proudly,