Meeting The Mafia Leader

Cody Simpson as Quinton 'Q' Barnes
Song: Hurts Like Hell by Wrabel

I follow Jake to his house, and we pull up to a gated fucking mansion. Of course he lives in a damn mansion, his dad is the mafia leader. I see Jake talking to someone that comes out to the gate, and he motions for both of us to go through the gate.

Jake parks his black, '69 Mustang in front of the house, and I park my Range Rover behind him. I step out of my car, and look up at the large mansion in front of me.

"Of course you live in a fucking mansion," are the first words that pop out of my mouth. He laughs, grabbing my keys, and tossing his and my keys to a guy that walks out of the front door.

"Park the cars please, Marvin," Jake says, grabbing my bags from my car. Marvin gets into Jakes mustang, and drives off to park it. "Follow me, princess."

"Why do you call me that?" I follow him up the front steps, and into the large double doors.

Before he can answer, a voice is calling his name. We both look up and I see a man, probably in his late forty's, coming down the staircase. "Jacob."

"Pops," Jake greets his dad, giving him a hug. The Don looks over at me, the smile on his face dropping. Either because he knows who I am, or because of the mess of a face I have currently.

"I presume you're Ms. Carter," his dad says, reaching a hand out for me to shake. I glance at Jake, and he nods his head. I stick my hand out, and shake his dads hand.

"Yes, sir." His dad smiles, and lets go of my hand.

"Jacob wasn't exaggerating when he said your dad gave you a beating." His light brown eyes examine my cuts and bruises. Jake must get his green eyes from his mom. "A man who can hit his own blood is a coward, and must be dealt with."

"What are you going to do to him?" He just smiles and turns to Jake.

"Jacob, take her to the living room with your mother. We need to have a chat, son." Jake nods, and takes my hand, sending sparks through me.

"Come on, princess," he says, leading me into what I'm guessing is the living room. Sitting on the couch is a beautiful woman, also in her forties, with dark brown hair like Jake. She looks up, and I confirm he got his eye color from her. "Mom, this is Emma."

"Nice to meet you, sweetie!" His mom jumps up from the couch, and rushes over to me. She gives me a hug, startling me. With wide eyes, I look at Jake, who just looks amused.

"Um...you too, Mrs. Cantelli." I give her an awkward hug back, my eyes still locked on Jake's.

"Oh please, call me Katrina!" I finally take my eyes off of Jake, as his mom breaks the hug. "Jacob, your father is waiting for you."

"Right." Jake sends a smile and a nod my way, then leaves the room.

"I take it you met my husband, Victor?" Katrina asks, starting a conversation with me.

Jake's POV

I knock on the door to my dads office, and step inside when he tells me to come in. He has six other men in the room, ready to discuss Emma's dad, and what the plan is for dealing with him.

"We have a situation with one of the men who owes us money," dad starts, looking over his men. Ollie and Q are both in the room, and they look over at me. I'm assuming they both saw Emma.

"What's going on, boss?" Kian questions, on speakerphone. He's still outside Emma's house.

"Nathan Carter. He's an abusive son of a bitch, and he needs taken care of."

"Carter? The house I'm outside of?" Kian's voice says through the phone.

"Yes. He's been abusing his daughter, without anyone knowing. Jacob found that out today."

"Emma?" Ollie asks, looking at me shocked. Q has the same expression. I just nod, looking back to my dad. If I think about it too much, I'll flip my lid and kill the man.

"What do we do, boss?" Q asks my dad.

"We'll give him a warning. A hell of a warning. With eyes on Emma at all times, in case he doesn't listen, someone can step in."

"And if he doesn't listen?" my voice silences everyone in the room.

"We kill him." I swallow hard. I knew he was going to say that, but still, I don't know what I'll do if it gets to that point. It definitely won't be me doing the killing.

"Are we really gonna let the girl go back to that asshole? And just wait?" Kian speaks up.

"She's staying with a friend tonight. She's got the funds to get her own place if needed."

My dad looks over at me and nods. "Good. Eyes stay on her at all times. He may owe us money, but she's in our protection."

"He just paid us off," Liam, another guy who works for me dad, suddenly says.

"All of it?" my dad asks.

"All five grand," Liam confirms. He must have taken everything out of the account Emma had for him.

"Doesn't change anything. He'll come back for more. We still keep eyes on the daughter." He turns to look at me. "You're on this, Jacob."

"Of course. She'll stay in my eyesight." He nods, and dismisses us, after telling Kian and Liam to 'talk' to Nathan Carter.

I walk back into the living room, to see Emma, fast asleep on the couch. My mom smiles, and stands up from the chair she was sitting in across from Emma. She gives me a hug, and walks out of the room. I told myself I wouldn't catch feelings for this girl, but I can't seem to stop myself. I use my fingers to brush her blonde hair out of her face.

"What are you doing to me, Emma Carter?"