Princess, Don't Cry

Song: Monsters by All Time Low

"Any word from Jake?" I ask softly, feeling drained. Ollie just shakes his head. The same response for the past two weeks.

I'm in Florida now, FaceTiming Ollie and Kira. I haven't heard from Jake since the day Katrina was taken. I feel like everything is crumbling around me. I tried to let Jake know I moved, but his phone is shut off. Ollie and Q promised he knew, and that he said it was best for me to be here instead.

"Wait. He's here," Ollie suddenly says, and the phone is taken out of his hands. Jake's face appears on the screen, and I immediately start bawling.

"Princess, don't cry," he whispers, and I know he wants nothing more than to hug me. But he can't.

"Are you okay?" I sniffle, trying to stop crying.

"I'm fine, princess. I promise. I'm sorry it's been so long since we've talked. I had to go radio silent while tracking the Santini's. We're so close to finding all of them, baby. Just a little longer. Then I'll come to Florida and get you. I promise," he tells me, giving me a sad smile.

"Did you get your mom?" He shakes his head, a grim expression on his face.

"They killed her, Emma," he tells me and I hear Ollie and Kira gasp. I stare at him in shock.

"No. Please tell me that's not true," I'm crying all over again.

"That's the only reason I can talk right now. Dad is going crazy and I needed to sit out for a bit. She's gone," his voice breaks, and his eyes fill with tears.

"Oh baby. I'm so sorry. I wish I could hug you so tight right now," I cry, feeling my heart break for him.

"How is uh... how's Florida?" He clears his throat, changing the subject.

"Hot. Boring. But I'm really tan," I laugh softly, and he smiles.

"You look sexy as hell, my beautiful girl," I blush at his words, not knowing how he can be such a flirt right now. "I have to go, princess, but I'll call you soon."

"Okay. I love you," I tell him, blowing him a kiss.

"I love you too, princess," he says, then hands the phone back to Kira. Once he's out of the room, I let out a deep breath.

"I... I have no words," I whisper and they both nod in agreement.

"I had no idea," Ollie whispers, shaking his head.

"I can't stay here," I suddenly say after minutes of deafening silence.

"What do you mean?" Kira asks.

"I'm leaving Florida. I can't stay here knowing Jake is hurting." I hang up the phone before they can talk me out of it, and I start to make a plan. Most of my stuff is still in New York, so I'll call the movers and keep it there.

I quickly pack up my duffel bag, grab a few other things I need, and sneak out of the house. My car is still in New York, so I'll have to take a taxi to the airport. I start walking, not risking being caught outside with my things. I call a taxi to a restaurant a few streets over, and book a flight back to New York for tonight. I can't stay here. I need to be with Jake.