C. 33 Basement

–————————•탠니•————————

Jennie's Half

After the whole thing, we continued on the mission. And now, we have changed the groupings. So, I'm with Sana and Jisoo unnie right now.

"Did you really have to be that harsh on Taehyung?" Jisoo unnie asked me.

Well...

"Unnie, he was defending his jerk of a friend, who was the reason why Chae can't do the mission with us." I told her as we check around the 1st floor kitchen.

"Ok, whatever you say." Unnie stopped in her tracks, "Hold on, I'm getting a signal from Hoseok to go upstairs."

It's probably from the code we found earlier.

The two of them were going out of the kitchen already, and I told them I'd meet them upstairs.

I wasn't done snooping around yet.

Apparently, no one has checked the basement yet, so I guess that would be my job. I was going to ask the other two to come with me, but..

Knowing them, they'll probably back out as soon as they hear the door open.

I walked to the basement door and I opened it with a little more force than I would've done with a normal one. Just in case it was rusty, or something.

To my surprise, it was not rusty at all. This house is actually in good condition.

I head down the staircase, which seemed fairly sturdy to me. And I slowly watched my steps.

Once I reached the basement, I tried to turn on the lights but it didn't work. I guess the power cuts here. Which is very strange, why would it stop here? The rest of the house is fine.

Unless, it was intentional. Like they didn't want you to see what went down in here.

I turned on my flashlight to half power so I save battery, and I start snooping some more.

It was actually, a fairly normal basement. Well, asides from the lights not working.

I stopped for awhile as I wipe the sweat from my forehead, damn, it's hot in here. I should've brought a fan.

I walked backwards, ready to head back upstairs, when I felt something that isn't supposed to be here touch my back.

And in one quick motion, the mysterious thing apprehended me to the ground. I couldn't feel my limbs, they hurt very badly.

"Who are you?" I shouted.

"I could say the same thing for you." I heard the thing speak.

Well, I guess it wasn't a thing. It's a person.

"Let go of me, f-ing creep!" I grabbed his wrist and I twisted it so that I could break free.

I grabbed my flashlight which fell on the ground a while ago, and I pointed it to the mysterious person.

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung's half

I had went down here to check if there was anything else to look at, or if it was really in a hidden passageway.

And this is what I get, a twisted arm and a person flashing a flashlight at me.

"Taehyung?" The person spoke.

"Will you stop flashing that at me?" I asked and they did.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Does that matter?" The voice spoke again.