C. 54 A Week Later

Jimin's POV

I brought the two out of the hospital.

I let go of their arms and I asked Jungkook, "Did you really have to be that harsh?"

"Hyung! She ran over my girlfriend! Her best friend!" Jungkook said in annoyance, "How can I not be harsh? All she did this whole mission was make trouble for our group, and just for what? A f-ing thorn?"

He scoffed at me and looked me straight in the eye, "Just because you said that she should go in first."

I put my head down and raised it as I took a deep breath.

"If I had volunteered to go in first, She wouldn't have got hit by a giant thorn, which could have ended her life too." I said calmly and collectedly, "That knife-like thorn hit her side."

Jungkook looked at me with a disgusted look.

"Hyung- she volunteered to go in! It wasn't your fault-" he argued with me but was cut off by Rosé's deep breath.

She sighed, "He's right..It wasn't your fault.. I was..protecting my pride...that's why I got stabbed."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Oh- so you finally own up to your own mistake! Where did you find the maturity?-"

"Jungkook, I think you could stop now-"

Rosé cut me off, "No, he's right.. he's right. I've been immature. And I was putting the blame on you." She said blankly, her eyes on the floor.

All of us kept quiet.

This was... unexpected.

She spoke up again, "I didn't have the guts or the courage to say I'm sorry before..

And I distanced myself, I became the very thing I hated the most.

A bully

A taunting, menacing person who wanted to make you suffer, to make you cry.

And it was all because..."

She stopped.

"Because..?" I looked at her, her fists were clenched, and her tear stained face looked up to the dark sky.

I hear Jungkook sigh in the background.

"Chaeyoung. I'm...

sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you like that."

I watched as his head lowered.

"It isn't your fault you're emotionally weak. But I can't take back what I said."

His head raised to look at her in the eye, "No matter how horrible your pain is, you can't take it out on others. It's not right."

Her eyes were welling up in tears, I watched as a single drop fell.

"I ... know. That's why I want to say..."

She looked at me and bowed her head.

"죄송해요, 지민씨" She.. told me that she was sorry.

Was this really happening now?

She finally told me she was sorry?

I could feel myself tear up, as a heavy feeling swelled in my chest.

Maybe things could go back to how it was in the beginning.

I watched as she looked back to Jungkook.