C. 35 Light Switch

–————————•진수•————————

Jin's Half

"It's not there." Namjoon closed the last locker, locker Z.

It's been another hour since Jungkook and Lisa left to buy snacks and they still haven't arrived yet.

Strange.

Taehyung and Jennie arrived from who knows where, and when they arrived they looked all sweaty and they were both covered in dust.

Also strange.

But to update you, we still haven't found the diamond in this damn room. We opened all the f-ing lockers already, and nothing. It's not here.

"Guys, how sure are you that it's not anywhere else?" I asked, "Like the Basement?"

"Nah, it's definitely in here." Jennie said, "Taehyung and I had come from the basement to look but nothing."

"Well, where else would it be?" Sana asked as she leaned on a locker.

The room stayed quiet.

We were all thinking of where it could be.  There was no visible place it would be in other than the lockers.

"Wait Guys," Yoongi said, "Let's think back at the house number, #10254."

"What could it mean?" Hoseok asked.

"Well, why would these lockers be in alphabetical order and not numerical?" Yoongi asked, "It must mean something."

"So you're saying that the house number could be the key to the diamond?" Dahyun asked, and Yoongi nodded, "Why not the room password then?"

"Because it would be too obvious." Jennie said as she put the pieces together, "Wait- J is the tenth letter of the alphabet. And 10 is the first two numbers of the house number."

No one is understanding what you're saying Jennie but sure, continue.

"Maybe we keep the rest of the doors open and we keep the numbers on the house number open." Jennie explained as she opened the Letter J locker, "So, we have 254. Anyone who could decode that?"

That could mean two things, 2 = B 5 = E 4 = D. Or it could mean, 25 = Y and 4 = D.

But we don't know which one we should do.

"Wait- hold on," Jisoo said.

"Yes, We're waiting." Yoongi said to her.

"F u. Anyways, 10 is J right? Then 25 is Y and 4 is D." Jisoo explained, "Since Jaydie owns the house, the locker doors that should be opened are J, Y, and D."

"Woah those are his initials." I said.

"We know, Jin hyung." Namjoon said as his eyes rolled.

Woah, rude much?

"Ok, Enough, let's try it." Yoongi said as he opened Letters Y and D.

And that's when the middle wall of the square room split into two, creating an entrance for us to go in.

"Woah, that's so cool." I blurted out as the wall stopped splitting in half.

"Ok, let's go." Namjoon said as he made his way inside the giant white room.

We followed and looked around the room but we saw nothing. No boxes, no lockers. It was just a white room with a light switch.

Jisoo's Half

There was nothing! No carpets, no couches, it was an empty room.

"Well, what now?" I heard Hoseok shout from my left.

"How about we look around? What if there is a hidden wall or a hidden button again?" Yoongi suggested as he rubbed his hand against the wall.

"Ok sure."

They all split up, some went left and some went right. But I stayed near the entrance.

It was impossible that there'd be a hidden wall, this was a hidden wall.

I suspected the light switch. It was placed to turn on the room's light, obviously.

I looked at the light switch again. It was one of those on and off switches.

Then I realized, the light switch was turned off but the light on.

This could only mean one thing.

The light switch wasn't connected to the room's lights.

"Jin! I need Lisa's screwdriver!" I shouted but when I looked to my right he was just beside me, "Oh you're right there."

"Yup, and here you go." Jin handed me Lisa's screwdriver she found at the last hotel.

I'm still surprised how she managed to find a screwdriver. IN A HOTEL ROOM.

If that's not creepy, I don't know what is.

I put on my gloves.

"Thanks." I told him. Then I realized, "Wait- why do you have her screwdriver?"

"I needed to fix a table Namjoon broke at the hotel." Jin said and I chuckled.

Namjoon is like the god of destruction. It's actually pretty funny.

He's this cool, serious guy but when he breaks something, it's hilarious.

I unscrewed the screws on the light switch and I gave the screws to Jin.

The cover of the switch almost fell to the ground, but Jin caught it just in time.

I removed the aluminum wall, I found in the switch, out of the way to see what was behind it.

And to Jin's surprise and to my amazement, The Diamond was there.

I handed the diamond to Jin, I placed the aluminum wall on its original position, and I screwed the cover back in.

I gave Jin the signal, and he nodded.

"Guys," Jin shouted, grabbing everyone's attention, "Let's head home."

He showed them the shiny white diamond.

Hi readers! Mission 2 is finished!
We hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!
Thank you for supporting the story and thank you for 13k reads \(////)\.
Please stay safe and healthy.
Love y'all.
💛