C. 56 Saving Ourselves

Jisoo's POV

"Can someone give me my laptop?" Namjoon said with more determination than he had a while ago.

aishh...Namjoon is always putting himself down. Maybe that's because he's the leader of Bangtan but... damn. Leaders really do have it different.

Is that what Jennie felt when she saw Lisa get hit by the van?

"If I led them better, this wouldn't have happened ." Maybe she thought even worse.

I watched as Taehyung handed Namjoon's laptop to him. Namjoon using both hands to grab it, being extra cautious.

We wouldn't want to lose our only way of saving ourselves.

If we don't get back those diamonds and return them to our companies, we'll face more than losing money.

Even if we quit voluntarily, they will find us and they will make our lives hell. Wait, no. worse than that.

To be honest, we shouldn't have lost the diamonds at a time like this, especially with Lisa's accident.

But I guess that's one of the reasons why Namjoon decided to tell us later. He didn't want to overload us with a bunch of problems.

And I'm grateful he did that. Because if he told me a week ago, I would've lost my shit.

"huh?" I heard a confused noise from where namjoon was, "Why is it not working?"

w h a t.

What does he mean it's not working?

"Hmm...wait, lemme give it a try." Rosie walked over to stay beside Namjoon.

I watched as her arms moved along with the sounds of her typing some codes i didn't understand on Namjoon's keyboard.

"Oh no." She said.

Namjoon put his hands in his face, in disbelief and disappointment at what he saw.

He groaned and said, "Guys...it wasn't connected..."

"The what?" Jimin asked slightly confused, not fully understanding what he said.

"He means that he didn't get to connect it to the person's clothing and it wasn't turned on" Rosé sighed.

Hoseok sighed right after, "Hyung, I love you, again, but why?"

"Mian (미안)" Namjoon apologized as he pulled his hair slightly in frustration.

"It's okay, hyung. Anyway, does anyone have a plan b?" Jungkook asked, and right after, Jennie did a little cough to gather everyone's attention.

"Guys, while we were waiting outside's the ER on the day of Lisa's accident, Yoongi placed the diamonds in a velvet bag and gave it to Namjoon right?" She made everyone recall.

"Yes? I don't know how that will help find the diamonds tho." Jin said confused.

Yoongi sighed with a smile, "The bag has a tracker inside it, Chaeyoung from Twice gave it to me for emergencies."

"Oh my god, and you decide to tell me now?" Namjoon said playfully as he let out his breath, "I was ready to accept the fact that I was gonna die of anxiety today."

Yoongi let out a tiny laugh, "lol, good thing Chaeyoung-ah gave it to me. If not then, we'd die."

"Hmm, okay. So how do we track them?" I asked.

"This might take a while, but I'll be able to find a list of where the bag has been if i enter the date of the incident on my program."

"Okay, let's get working, Yoongi-ssi"

Rosie-ya and Yoongi as the only two available hackers got to work.

This is how we'll save ourselves.

——–———————————–—————

They were back at their house in Korea.

Jin hopped on the couch and laid his left arm Namjoon's shoulders as he sighed heavily.

"That rescue for the diamonds was harder than our whole mission."

Namjoon laughed as he glanced at the four diamonds that were placed in his bruised and cut palms.

"yeah.."

They then heard Jimin slam the door in hurry, scrambling around, looking for the remote.

"Why ? Why are you in such a hurry?" Namjoon asked as he looked at his member confusingly.

"You literally kicked ass awhile ago. Where the hell do you get so much energy?" Jungkook asked as he entered their living room with Lisa and Rosé.

Jimin didn't say anything, he just opened the news channel.

"This afternoon, at 4:45 pm, Businessman Kim Byung Ho has been revealed to be mafia boss 'Jaydie' who is infamous for stealing high-end to nearly priceless diamonds and mass underground killings."

"No way. Damn. He got caught?" Rosé said as she licked the popsicle she got from the local convenience store, "I thought he'd be in the news for the explosion of his building."

"Speaking of the explosion, good job namjoon." Lisa said, "You made it look like an accident"

"Hey! I helped too! I brought the helicopter so that hyung can drop it!" Jungkook whined, wanting recognition from his girlfriend.

Lisa just pat his back and sat down on the couch where the rest sat.

"'Jaydie' 's building has been reported to have blown up the time the police were given this information. The building has been blown up because of a bomb they were illegally going to ship that has been accidentally activated."

"Hmm..so he did get into the news because of the explosion." Rosé smirked, "But who told the police that he was a mafia boss? An insider? Or?-"

Jennie suddenly came into the living room with Jisoo, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Hoseok trailing behind her.

"I convinced our bosses to send someone to report to the police so that the 'accident' looked plausible." Jennie smirked, "Who would believe that a 'good' businessman like him would be in possession of a bomb?"

"Woah, as expected of Jennie Kim." Lisa clapped.

"'Jaydie' was reportedly inside the building when the bomb was set off, marking his death."

"OH. He actually died." Yoongi said as he leaned on the couch.

"Obviously! That was an explosion!" Jimin exclaimed, sighing not long after, "Hmm..well, now that we have all the diamonds, and Jaydie is dead, let's get our money?"

Rosé laughed a little, "Yeah, let's go. I'm planning to buy some new shoes."