Sixteen

Taehyung was holding his breath as he stared at the ravenette with confusion in his eyes.

He saw a sad smile on his lips which clenched his beating heart.

"If you still don't want us to be more than friends, I don't think I'll be able to stay by your side." Jungkook uttered with his sad eyes.

"Things like this will keep on happening no matter how hard I try to stop myself. If you're this close to me, I'll end up doing things way over the line." the ravenette looked down.

He's opening up to him and seeing him this vulnerable made Taehyung gulp in both fear and sadness.

"I tried, Tae. I tried to keep my hands off of you because that's what you wanted." Jungkook looked at him with sad eyes, the kind of look Taehyung hasn't seen from him before.

"You wanted to stay friends and forget about the kiss. You wanted to pretend as if nothing is going on between us." Jungkook stared at him, eyes full of emotions that tug in Taehyung's heart.

"But Tae.. for once, have you ever thought of what I wanted?" His voice was full of pain.

"Have you realized the torture of having you near me.. and yet.." Jungkook sounded so breathless as he gazed at him.

"And yet I can't love you... touch you.." He sighed, looking away.

Those words struck Taehyung deeply. He looked down, feeling guilty as realization hit him.

He's selfish.

He never asked Jungkook's side and opinion concerning the both of them.

He forced him to forget about the kiss.

He forced him to stay as friends.

He forced him to divert his attention to someone else.

Taehyung clasped his hands together, feeling scared of the question he had wanted to ask for so long.

"Ji-Eun..do you love her?" Taehyung asked in a low voice. He squeezed his hands together as he waited for his answer.

Jungkook sighed. "No."

He felt relief flooded his body as he gulped. "Then why.."

"She knows." Jungkook uttered, breathless.

Taehyung turned to look at him with wide eyes, hearing those words.

"She knows about my true feelings, Taehyung." Jungkook confessed.

"What do you mean?" He asked, barely a whisper.

Jungkook sighed once more. "When you decided to just be friends.. I intended to move on."

There was a long pause as Jungkook tried to see his reaction before he continued.

"I thought maybe I could divert my feelings to her.. but I guess no matter how hard I tried, I still failed." Jungkook sighed.

"She knew.. and yet?" Taehyung couldn't complete his sentence, unable to grasp the truth.

"She came up with the idea to.. make you jealous." Jungkook looked away, feeling a bit awkward in confessing.

"At first, I wanted to break it off with her when she realized the truth.. but then she insisted to help." Jungkook awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he looked anywhere else but Taehyung.

Taehyung scoffed, not believing everything he's hearing. He shakes his head, a soft smile forming on his lips.

"Didn't know you have that in you." He uttered in amusement.

Jungkook turned to look at him with serious eyes.

"You made me do things I don't even know I'm capable of doing, Tae." He said as he took Taehyung's hand, enclosing it with his own.

"Tae, I wanted you to realize what it means to be friends." the ravenette reached out for his face, tucking a strand of hair behind his ears.

"Being friends means you'll see me smiling and loving someone else." he stared at him intensely.

"Being friends means you'll see me with someone else in my arms...kissing... embracing.." He squeezed Taehyung's hand as he continued.

"And I'll see the same with you. I'll see you being loved by someone else....someone who's not me." Jungkook stopped, sighing at the thought.

"That's what it means to be friends, Tae." Jungkook whispered low, leaning forward to wipe the tears in Taehyung's eyes that he's unaware to have fallen down his cheeks.

"Now tell me, Tae. Do you still want to be just friends?" Jungkook asked, voice hopeful as he locked his charcoal black eyes in him.

Taehyung felt like he's drowning in those eyes, engulfing him to a pool of overflowing emotions.

His eyes wavered as tears continue to flow down his cheeks.

Will he be able to see Jungkook happy with someone else?

See him kissing and embracing someone who's not him?

Taehyung looked at Jungkook once more and saw the answer in his eyes.

He can't.

He can't allow this man to love someone else aside from him.

Taehyung sobbed as he finally listened to the feelings he had kept in his heart.

He stared at the ravenette as he shakes his head vigorously.

"I-I don't want to stay friends, Kookie." Taehyung whined which made Jungkook smile.

"I want us to be more than that." He confessed through tears.

Jungkook sighed as he leaned forward, caging the brunet in his arms.

Finally...

The ravenette couldn't contain the happiness in his heart as he caress Taehyung's back.

"You don't know how long I've prayed for you to say that." Jungkook whispered, nuzzling on Taehyung's brunet locks.

"I'm sorry if I'm such a coward, Kookie." Taehyung sobbed, burying his face on Jungkook's chest.

"It's okay, baby. Nothing matters to me now than having you right here in my arms." Jungkook pulled Taehyung slowly away from him.

He cupped his face as he wiped his tears away from his eyes.

"I know you already said that you want us to be more.. but still, I want to make sure." Jungkook lovingly caressed Taehyung's cheeks as he smiled at him with tenderness.

"Will you be mine, Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook asked in a soft voice.

Taehyung bit his lips as he nodded his head. He was too overwhelmed by his emotions that he couldn't utter a word.

Jungkook chuckled. "Words, baby." He urged, but Taehyung couldn't find his voice.

The ravenette grinned, wiping off the tears on the brunet's eyes.

"Or you could kiss me to say yes." He uttered as he lovingly held Taehyung's beautiful face.

Jungkook almost fell off his chair when Taehyung plunged himself to him, planting his soft lips against his own.

He felt a warm feeling spread in his heart at the kiss that he couldn't help but smile as he pulled away.

"That's a yes, Taehyung." He whispered low.

"You can't take it back again. I won't allow you."

--------

Love you 💜