Seventeen

"Careful.." Tessa reminded as she looked at Taehyung being assisted by Jungkook as they made their way inside the house.

Taehyung had already been discharged from the hospital after getting a cast on his left knee.

He insisted on using crutches instead of a wheelchair, not wanting to make it look like his injury is severe especially when he starts attending school once again.

"I'm hungry." Taehyung whined as soon as he sat on the couch. He looked at the ravenette who's shaking his head with a smile on his lips.

"We just ate babe..." Jungkook responded which made Taehyung's eyes grow wide.

Jungkook was the same, realizing that he blurted out those words while Tessa is currently by the doorway.

"Taehyung.. We just ate, Taehyung." Jungkook corrected himself, discreetly glancing at Tessa who seemed to have missed the word 'babe'.

Taehyung laughed nervously, tucking a lose strand of hair behind his ear.

"Mom, I'm hungry." He repeated.

"Okay, sweetie. I'll make something for you." Tessa answered as she made her way to the kitchen.

Once the two were alone, Jungkook sat next to Taehyung who nudged him by the side.

"I told you to be careful." Taehyung whispered, eyes wide and comical which made Jungkook grin.

"This is stupid. Why do we even have to hide about us?" He took Taehyung's hand and intertwined it with his own.

"You know I don't care about what people will say. Besides, she's your mom. She'll understand." Jungkook stared at him for a long time that had him blushing.

"I know, Kookie. I'll tell her everything when the right time comes." Taehyung answered, squeezing Jungkook's hand in assurance.

The ravenette nodded his head. "But to be honest, Tae... I think she knows." Jungkook uttered, making Taehyung gulp.

He was about to speak when Tessa's voice erupted from the kitchen.

"Sweetie, do you want mango shake?"

Taehyung quickly retracted his hand from Jungkook's grip.

"Yes, mom!" He responded in a nervous manner.

He heard a deep sigh coming from the ravenette which made him feel apologetic as he looked at him.

"I'll tell her. Promise." He smiled which made Jungkook smile as well.

The ravenette suddenly leaned forward, catching Taehyung off guard when his lips brushed against his own in a short while.

His heart went crazy as he closed his eyes, feeling Jungkook's soft lips.

The kiss ended as soon as it happened, but Jungkook remained close to him, only a breath away.

"You're so beautiful, babe." Jungkook complimented, eyes lingering on Taehyung's brown ones.

"So beautiful... and you're mine."

Taehyung melted at the latter's words. He shivered as Jungkook caressed the side of his face, his warmth made him close his eyes in contentment.

They were only snapped out of their own world when Tessa's voice erupted once more.

"Food is ready, babies!" She called out, making the two laugh as they pulled away from each other.

"Let's go. I'll help you." Jungkook reached for Taehyung's hand, lifting him carefully off the couch.

He handed him his crutches, still supporting him as they made their way to the kitchen.