Summer part II

"You realize they are involved, Armando." Said Dumbledore as the professors gathered to discuss the head students for the following year.

"Young love, Albus." Said Slughorn, "Didn't you put Euphemia and Fleamont together last year?"

"I like Miss. Marigold for head girl," Said the young professor Sprout, "I don't care if she likes Mister Riddle romantically. She is kind, hard working and helpful. Let's remember it is a head students duty to help others. I just don't see edgecombe doing that."

"She is awfully quiet." Said professor Merrythought. "Miss Marigold helped Mister Riddle achieve his patronus. He told me himself."

"What were the patronuses?" Asked Slughorn excitedly, picturing two of his prized students together.

"A stallion and a mare." Replied Merrythought, "he told me so."

"I am not sure if Mister Riddle should be head boy next year." Said Albus

"Albus, I understand you two don't exactly like each other," Began professor Sprout, "But he has topped his year every year thus far. He is an exemplary student."

"Additionally," Began Slughorn, "That boy could be minister for magic one day. Who knows, maybe Miss Marigold is his first lady."

"So we put two students together and hope that by the end of the year they are engaged?" Asked Dumbledore in disbelief.

"No, we put our two best students forward. Mister Riddle is a born leader and with Miss Marigold's natural charm, they should have no trouble leading the Prefects." Said Dippet, looking thoughtful, Professor sprout suppressed a scoff at his hint of myssonginy.

"Can we consider McKenna." Said Dumbledore.

"He is not nearly the student Riddle is." Said Slughorn. "Is it decided?"

"Yes, it's decided, our head girl will be Ophelia Marigold, and out head boy will be Tom Riddle." Said Dippet and the professors stood.

As they walked out of the room, Slughorn whispered to Sprout.

"I do hope to be invited to the wedding." He said.

"Horace, they might break up."

"Nothing wrong with a bit of wishful thinking."

--

"Make way! Make way! Head girl coming through," Said Primrose as they made their way to the beach.

"These people are muggles, they don't know what that means." Said Ophelia, smiling at the elderly who passed by them, "But since there is no one really here, Step AsIDE PeAsaNTS." She said and the elederly couple looked back at them, and they made awkward eye contact for a moment.

"Old people freak me out." Whispered Primrose as they walked down the pavement, glancing at the greenery every once in a while. "They just know too much."

They neared the beach it was chilly but this was always their goal for the day. Get here. Swim. Try not to freeze their feet off.

"Someday we will be old and grey." Said Ophelia as they stepped into the sand and set down their towels. Ophelia pointing around a grand old house she had adored since she was a child, "Well retire together, obviously, and live there."

Primrose nodded and stared at the old house as they sat side by side as a gentle wind moved their hair.

"I can see it now, but we won't be lame old people." She said, "I'll teach you poker."

"Screw bridge."

"Yeah, bridge sucks!" Said Primrose and they high fived.

"Have you ever played bridge?" Asked Ophelia as she lay back on her towel.