Huening Kai

Prompt #23 ("Kiss me") Requested. 

First dates. One of the main things that determines second dates and so on. But what if the ones on the date have known each other for a while? would it go smoothly? or would they shill remain friends? what about their friendship? Huening Kai and Y/n weren't that much of friends, only hung out together when their group of friends would. That's how they met and fell in love. Huening Kai was nervous as he knocked on Y/n's door,  at least he didn't have to deal with any parents since they were at work, his nerves were coming from the thought of hanging out with Y/n the whole day by himself, no other friends. Y/n opened the door, a smile on her face as she greeted him.

"Are you ready?" Huening Kai asked, rubbing his sweaty hands against his rough jeans.

"Yeah," Y/n closed the door behind her, "just let me lock up."

The ride to the amusement park was calming, a small banter along with some music kept the two of them sane from not knowing what to do. Both nervous to try to make a move, especially when they got out of the car and walked around the amusement park.

"So what do you want to do first?" Huening Kai asked to lessen the tension, "get some food or go on some rides?"

"Let's go on some rides first." Y/n suggested, "and work our way around to the food."

After going on a couple of rides, Huening Kai and Y/n decided to get something to eat and talk for a while before getting back on, just to settle their stomachs. 

"So, what's your favorite ride?" Y/n asked after she swallowed a fry.

"I don't really have a favorite," confessed Huening, "what's yours?"

"The classic Ferris Wheel" Y/n blushed down at her food, "I always liked seeing the whole place up that high, especially at night, seeing all the lights from the rides."

"We can go on that later tonight, to end it all off," Huening Kai suggested.

"That sounds really fun," Y/n agreed, sipping on her cola, she looked down at her fries, "these are the best fries that I've ever had"

"Fair food is the best," the boy agreed. 

As they ate the rest of their food, Y/n suggested to go see some of the animals before they go back to the rides, to give them some time to pass as their stomachs some rest. Huening Kai watched Y/n as her eyes lit up upon seeing all the animals. He hopes that the date is going well, he couldn't stop the tingly feelings that he kept feeling for her. Huening Kai truly did like her and desired for Y/n to feel the same. With a sudden rush of confidence, Huening Kai brushed his hand against Y/n's and shyly held on to it, he smiled when Y/n laced her fingers with his. 

For the rest of the say, the two of them held hands as they walked around, even when they rode more rides. As time went on, they became more comfortable with one another.

"What what do you want?" Huening Kai asked as he picked up the darts from the game.

"The dolphin," Y/n pointed. Huening agreed at the choice, remembering the place he was born, Hawaii. 

"Congratulations, young man you just won the dolphin for your girlfriend," the host of the game handed the dolphin to Huening Kai, taking notice of the blushing going on between the two of them. 

I wish, Y/n thought. 

When it got dark out, Huening Kai and Y/n made their way to the Ferris Wheel, along with the dolphin plushie. Once on, Hueing looked over at her in awe once again and spoke: "I had a lot of fun today"

"Me too," Y/n turned to look at him, "thanks for bringing me here."

"You don't need to thank me," Huening Kai told her, he looked down at his hands, "I really like you."

"I really like you too," Y/n blushed, Huening Kai looked up at her, smiling wider than he did the whole day.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked hopeful.

"Under one condition," Y/n smirked, the boy next to her nodded, "kiss me."

"I'd love to," Huening Kai agreed leaning in.

When their lips met, it was like they were each others missing puzzle pieces, sparks started to fly.