Beomgyu

Requested.

Beomgyu- The Fault In Our Stars AU.

Warning: Angst. I haven’t read the book, but I have watched the movie, so I do know that there is somewhat of a difference between them. But either way, this is going to be angst.

P.S. Cancer is a tough thing, whether you have it yourself or a family member does. My prayers go out to whoever is fighting it.

Y/n didn’t want to go to the therapy group. But her mother was forcing her, both her mother and her doctor thinking that’s what would be best for her, also thinking she as depressed. Yes, Y/n was depressed at times, but she knew she wasn’t alone, cancer was a scary thing, but she knew it was making her stronger, more determined to fight, and to live.  However, at times the pain and tests would make Y/n feel down, wishing that a miracle would happen, a miracle where doctors can find a cure that would help cancer patients more.

The therapy group was different than the ones she saw on TV, people were a little shier to express what was on their minds, so this group literally went around in a circle, saying who they are and why they were there. The group was for one’s who were dealing with medical stuff, whether that was cancer, rehab, or other medical issues. And every year, the group would have a small party of how far they’ve come within a year, speeches would be said, tears shed, laugher for the good times.

“Hi, I’m Beomgyu,” a man around her age spoke up, “I’ve had cancer for a while now, and I’m trying to live every day to the fullest. And I’m here because my parents are making me, I’d rather be writing music for as long as I can.”

Y/n took a notice to Beomgyu right away. He loved music just like her, they were the youngest of the group. Not to mention Y/n did think he was a little cute. After Beomgyu was done speaking, his eyes met Y/n’s from across the circle. Y/n hurriedly looked away, acting like a poster in the back caught her eye. When it was her time to speak, she got nervous, everyone was looking at her, waiting to hear her story. But when her eyes landed back on Beomgyu, he smiled at her and nodded, encouraging her.

“My name is Y/n and I’ve been sick for a while, though it gets pretty painful, I try to live my life every day since no one knows when it will be the last, the cancer is getting better, but slowly,” Y/n spoke up, “in my spare time, I love to write and read. My mom and doctor sent me here because it’s not normal to listen to the same song over and over again, but in my defense, it’s a good song, its sings a story.”

After a couple of group activities, it was time to go back home. Y/n waited outside for her mom to pick her up after grocery shopping. Beomgyu was leaning against a flag pole, putting a stick of gum in his mouth. His eyes landed on Y/n before he walked over to her.

“Want one?” He asked handing out a stick of gum, Y/n smiled as she took a piece, “so you like music.”

“Yeah. I just listen,” Y/n explained, “I have a guitar, but I never got around to learning. You said you like to write music, is there a certain type?”

“Not really, just whatever comes to mind, and whatever chords come in my head,” Beomgyu replied, he was silent for a while, “hey! If you really want to learn guitar I can show you.”

“Real smooth with the ladies,” a voice came walking up on the sidewalk. “Just ask her out already.”

“Soobin!” Beomgyu groaned at his friend, “I’m just trying to be nice.”

“Yeah sure,” Soobin replied sarcastically.

“I think would be nice to finally learn guitar.” Y/n spoke for Beomgyu, trying to change the subject.