Taehyun.

Non-idol AU.

Years before Taehyun and Y/n were born, their fathers became enemies at a young age. Rumors of why varied throughout the town. Whether that was a girl they fought over, selling something that didn't even work, however, a lot of people say there really isn't a reason why the two men hate each other and they were just born that way. And when they married their wives, the two women grew to dislike each other also. When their children came to the world, they were raised to hate each other, to not talk to one another, only snotty remarks were allowed here and there. But when Taehyun and Y/n's senior year of high school came around, the school assigned the seniors to be paired up with another senior to do a project about change, and how change can affect a place or certain people, and to their dismay, Taehyun and Y/n were paired up. Both protested, and the teacher who has had enough of them told the two to grow up.

"Just meet me at the public library at 5 pm," Y/n rolled her eyes as she packed her things to go to her next class.

"Not looking forward to it," Taehyun yelled leaving the classroom causing some classmates to look at the enemies.

Over the next couple of weeks, Taehyun and Y/n would meet up at the library twice a week, but could not, for the life of them, agree on what change they wanted. Y/n suggested better parks, safer parks. Taehyun said the parks were fine as it is, but he still would not come up with anything. 

"Why do you have to be so damn stubborn," Y/n whispered angrily. since they still were in the library, "and start helping."

"Maybe I just like seeing you mad," smirked Taehyun as he leaned back in his chair, "it's kind of cute."

"Flirting with me now?" Y/n looked up from her navy blue laptop.

"Maybe," Taehyun scooted closer to her.

Much to her dismay, Y/n felt her cheeks warming.

"And now you're blushing." Taehyun continued. 

"No, I'm not," Y/n argued.

"Then why are your cheeks red. Princess?" Taehyun asked.

"Don't call me that," Y/n snapped. 

"You are aren't you?" Taehyun remarked, "have your family tied around your finger, ask nicely, and receive everything you see?"

"Really? Do you actually think I get everything handed to me? I work for the things I want. I hate it when people just give me stuff randomly. I work hard for stuff I want, like doing more around the house or getting a better grade," Y/n's voice got louder, clearly livid and not caring that they were still in the library, her voice broke, "there are even things that I deeply desire. but can't because in my family it's impossible, I'd be laughed and scorned at."

Then she let out a laugh, " I can't believe I just told you that." 

Taehyun noticed how her beautiful e/c eyes watered, and before a tear could manage to escape, Y/n walked away, leaving her stuff behind. heading off to the women's restroom. He didn't know what to do, he never really saw a girl cry, only in movies. He especially never saw Y/n cry. Taehyun never thought she could. that she built a wall too high around her that nothing ever gets to her. She always acted so strong, untouchable. And though their families where enemies. Taehyun always noticed how Y/n worked her hardest so that she could leave the town after graduation. When he started to realize how beautiful she was, and the way his heart would skip a beat and then rapidly pound in his chest every time Y/n walked in the room, he started to recognize his feelings for her. Sighing, he stood up and went to the restrooms. 

When Taehyun walked in the girl's restroom, he realized that it does seem weird, but he, Y/n, and the librarian were the only ones in the library, and the librarian uses the Staff Only restroom. So in his mind, it what fine. In the restroom, he could see Y/n, but she couldn't see him. She was leaning against the sink, knuckles white from gripping it so hard. Y/n's eyes were red from crying, her head what down as she tried to steady her breathing. Taehyun stepped in further, his heart taking control of his actions as he reached her and places a hand on her back, nervously rubbing circles. Y/n flinched.