20: Piano

A week has passed after Jimin and I was crowned; not a lot has changed in the castle, vampires are peaceful creatures with each other, and most of the time they follow the vampire's rules. Everyone has continued to make their own lives normally. Jimin and I spend all our time together no matter what we are doing.

"Hyung have you heard?" Taehyung enter the living room while looking at his phone.

"What is it?" Jungkook asks curiously.

"Humans are having a pandemic right now." Taehyung showed us his phone screen.

I stand up quickly to look at his phone. "This looks bad."

"Is it contagious to vampires?" Jimin asks worriedly.

"No, vampire doctors are helping with the pandemic and none of them have gotten affected; we may be carriers but we don't know; this is only affecting humans."

I sit back down on Jimin's lap, a thing that has become a habit for me now that Jimin won't let me sit somewhere else.

"That may bring the werewolves back..." Jungkook trailed off. "Anyways, a group of doctors wants to talk with you guys." Jungkook looks at both Jimin and me.

"For what?" I asked tilting my head.

"Asking for instruction if we should help or what," He shrugs.

Jimin and I leave the room, we get ready fast; before I can put my crown on Jimin takes it away from my hands.

 "I want to do it." He pouts.

I smile widely while he puts the crown on my head, after that, I put Jimin's crown on his head as well.

We get out of the castle to start our way to the hospital in the city. Once we get there all the doctors are already waiting in a conference room.

"Your Majesty." They all bow once they see us. "Thank you for coming in such short notice."

"We have discovered," Another doctor starts saying. "That we can't carry the virus, we can help them."

Jimin and I look at each other, he understands my wishes when he sees my eyes.

"Then we must help humans," He says firmly. 

All the doctors and nurses smile widely.

"Yes your majesty; we have already organized everything to send a group of doctors there and another group that will stay in the hospital."

 They all storm out of the room excitedly.

"Why are they so excited?" I ask in a whisper.

"Because they love to learn about human diseases." He takes my hand once we start to leave the hospital. "Just an almost nonexistence percent of vampires alive were humans before so they don't have that understanding."

Vampires are weird, I thought most of them were converted.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

I walk around the castle, I let my feet take me whatever they want to. 

I run all the memories I have gathered all this time in my head over and over again. 

In most of them is that man, the same style of clothes and for some reason, I can remember his smell, that is how I now is the same man. I get chills down my spine when I look at his blurry face, it's as if my head doesn't want to remember, did he do something bad to me?... why can I remember everything about his appearance but his face? 

I want to know who this man is but I can't, every time I do my head stabs me with pain like it's trying to stop me... should I stop trying?  I know as time passes I lose opportunities to know something.

Ever since Jimin transformed me into a vampire I don't perceive time the same, every day seems so short, every month passes so fast, I don't realize it.

I stop my thoughts once I realize where I am, I look to the door not knowing what to do for a couple of seconds. My feet have brought me to the music room.

Not caring anymore I open the door and I go in. The piano stands there gracefully calling me.

I sit in front of it. I look at the keys for a while, last time I was here I played a complicated piece that just my fingers knew. I put my fingers on the keys randomly, I let my fingers take control; they automatically move to other keys, dubious I press the key my right thumb is on, after that all my other fingers start to indicate me where to press.

It's a weird experience playing something by muscular memory while you don't have an idea of what are you playing at all. I go slow but as I gain more confidence I start to play at a speed that I feel that is right. Once I finish I blink multiple times, I look at my fingers analyzing them as if they could tell me something important.

"I love how you play piano Cloudy eyes," Jimin purrs in my ear scaring me.

"How long have you been here?" I look at him with wide eyes surprised.

"Ever since you entered." He smiles innocently.

He stands next to me, I lean on his chest. He hugs me tightly.

"I don't even know how I'm able to play the piano."

"Maybe you were a famous pianist," Jimin says with a dreamy voice.

"But if I was famous someone would have recognized me by now." I chuckle.

"Maybe if you see that dress again..." He trailed off.

Oh, the dress. I completely forgot about it, maybe I should...

I nod, I hold Jimin's hand tightly, he lets me drag him to our room.

I go in the wardrobe, deep down where I hide the dress from me. I take a deep breath before I get it out.

I walk out of the wardrobe with the dress, I put it on the bed, Jimin and I just stand there looking at it.

"Were you part of a drama club or something?" He asks while analyzing the dress.

"Maybe...?"

Jimin touches the fabric of the dress. He furrows his brows, he is more confused than I am right now.

"This is so confusing, this is made with the best of the best materials... it is something a queen would wear..."

"I know... but I couldn't be part of the royalty before, no one would have left me there alone... would they...?"

"I have an idea." He gets out of the room for a while.

Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook come back.

"Guys I need your help, we need to take a photo of Miyoung and see if it matches someone of the royalty somewhere."

"Easy," They say.

Jimin takes a photo of me and then sends it to Taehyung and Jungkook.

They all look through different monarchies trying to find something.

"I GOT SOMETHING!"  Jungkook screams.