34: Old Me

I met everyone in my family.

A lot has changed at home. They modernized it a couple of years ago... it is the same place but at the same time, a lot of changes over a century...

"Auntieeee!" Anne calls me excited.

"Yes?" I ask her to walk towards her direction.

I notice she is gathered with all her siblings.

"Dad left this for you," She says giving me an old book.

"For me?" I was surprised.

"Yes," They all say happily.

I look at the book. It looks very old as if no one has touched it for decades now.

"Also." James starts speaking. "This is your house."

"What?" I furrow my brows.

"Our grandfather left it to you just in case someday you would return and need a place to stay you know..."

"We have been using it as a place of reunion ever since you left." My eyes widen. 

There's a question bothering me.

"But... why did my dad and James do all this for me? I left after all..."

"They loved you." Bella giggled. "And I think the answers you'll need might be there." She points at the book.

I sigh. We all leave the room.

I get out of the room to see Jimin surrendered by kids, he looks like he's having the time of his life. I giggle at the sight.

He tells them fairy tales. The kids can't take their eyes off Jimin of how focused they are in the story.

I'm lucky my family accepts everyone in the family; they all accepted Jimin with wide smiles and excitement as they did with me.

I go to the second floor. This place is bringing all the memories of my childhood back.

I let my feet take me to wherever they want. I recognize my room but there's not where I'm heading.

I open the door. The room is dusty and the piano in the middle of the room is covered by a sheet.

I pull the sheet off the piano. When I do this a lot of dust flies into my direction, I cover my nose quickly.

The piano is well preserved...

I sit in front of it and I start to play whatever my fingers want. I hear how the door opens but I ignore it. I play softly until my fingers get tired.

All this feels like a déjà vu

I turn to look out the window, my brother is there... he's smiling widely at me.

"You are so talented, did you know that?"

James?

My mouth moves automatically.

"You are just saying that because I'm your sister."

"Oh, truth me, if you were bad, I would tell you." The door opens.

"Miyoung...? Miyoung?" Jimin's sweet voice brings me back to life. "God, you scared me."

"James?" James' figure smiles at me before disappearing.

A part of me doesn't want him to leave but he does anyway... his image goes away as fast as it came.

"What?" Jimin's tone changes into a jealous one.

I blink multiple times. I look around confused for a second.

Who was the person who opened the door in my memory? What happens afterward?

"Jimin," I say softly. His eyes soften but he stills looks mad and concerned.

"Why did you just call me James?" He asks softly, trying to control his temper.

"He was with me just now..." I trailed off. Jimin furrows his brows deeply.

"I went into the room before you started to play, I was here the entire time..."

I sigh looking into space.

I remember everything now... James being with me until my last breath as Joseon HeeYoung... even if he was only a hallucination, he was there until the end. That was the James I created in my mind... The real James...

The book...

Jimin shakes me slightly. I blink multiple times.

"Cloudy eyes, don't do this to me," He says worriedly.

"I'm sorry." I closed my eyes seeing everything for the last time. "I remember everything now, kind of..."

Jimin's eyes smile making my heart flutter. "I knew you needed to come here."

We get out of the room holding hands.

I led him to my old room.

The door is locked. I furrow my brows before starting to look for the key.

If I remember correctly, or if I even remember... the key must be on the floor.

I bend down touching the floor.

Jimin walks behind me, he pulls me towards him; my ass gets in contact with his hips.

"Jimin!" He laughs evilly.

I finally find the key. I open the door with shaking hands. I go into the room slowly, Jimin follows me closely.

I take a deep breath. It smells like dust and something else...

My favorite perfume.

I look at the bed where I left my teddy bear, something silly and more at my age at the time but I was single so I could still behave like a child for more time...

I sigh. This was me but I have changed so much...

Part of me wants to go back in time and never get out of the house that day...

I shake my head clearing my thoughts

I wouldn't be who I am now.

I wouldn't be with Jimin.

Nothing of this would have happened.

I turn around to hug Jimin. He hugs me tightly, he leans down to kiss me. The kiss is soft and full of love. I melt in the kiss. I tangle my fingers in his hair as the kiss deepens.

"I love you," Jimin says looking at me full of love.

"I love you too," I said smiling widely.

=========

A/N- Who's excited about the BANGBANGCON?!  I can't wait for it!

I'm planning the end of this story already... I want it to be so special... ;3

I love you all! Thank you for reading :'3